GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smash bros"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros'.
Sun 25/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
I was just wondering.. What do you lot use to jump? The control Stick of the Yand X buttons? I use the stick and it seems like I'm the only person that does.. My mate says all his mates who have played smash bros. uses the X and Y buttons but I use the stick. So I was just wondering If this is like it worldwide.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:42
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
I once made a triple coloured yoshi...on the first level of adventure mode, I smacked 3 yoshis together, and paused....they were all at exactly the same point, doing the same animation. their colours just...overlapped in places....giving a multi-coloured yoshi effect......honestly..you couldn't get it any more perfect and exact....pity I couldnt take a decent photo
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:33
Regular
"??????"
Here's a way to get a funny Snapshot in SSB:M.

Play as Luigi on any stage with a steady flat surface (I used Peach's Castle). Charge up the Green Rocket (B+Left or B+Right), and pause when the smoke is behind him. Move the camera in front of him, and take a Snapshot. It looks like he's straining to get a fart out! :)

I also have a Snapshot saved of Capt. Falcon kneeing Ganondorf where it hurts :)
Sat 01/05/04 at 14:17
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
DX man wrote:
> Well you need to complete the 50 events or is it 51? well whatever
> its on the options menu. Its quite good. Mixing sounds is fun or just
> listing to your favorite music of a stage.

To get sound test, you need to beat all the events, get all characters and all levels unlocked

and I cant remember which magazine it was, but chances are that all of them printed the picture at some point.

And my best character is Roy..no doubt. My brother and I always have Roy vs Marth matches(he likes Marth).....he almost always beats me...but we are pretty evenly matched...and we know how to counter all of each other's moves...so it makes it more challenging.
But I also love Ness....he's my second favourite...so powerful.
Sat 01/05/04 at 09:14
Regular
chatterbox wrote:
> ok y are u talking bout this, hoose all y'alls fave characters mine
> young link. i have all 10000000 trophies too

Nah. theres nothing good aboutyoung link... only a powerful second smash which means newbies who use c-stick will be crap with him. Samus is the all rounder, considering that you can fire missiles... or fux just zapping em with your gun of fox illusion... praise they good old days when my mates didn't know how to play....
Sat 01/05/04 at 09:11
Regular
"PsYİHo FoX 1987" wrote:
> Where is sound test mode? I know i've only just beat the game i didn't
> know about this unlockable, where is it in the menus?

Well you need to complete the 50 events or is it 51? well whatever its on the options menu. Its quite good. Mixing sounds is fun or just listing to your favorite music of a stage.
Sat 01/05/04 at 09:10
Regular
dooz2k2 wrote:
> it's not a real image, it was altered to put sonic and tails in
> it...they were never intended as characters in the game.

Hmmmm. By any chance do you remember what magfazine its in? I've been searching for ages for it now and just can't seem to find it.
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:47
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
DX man wrote:
> Not quite there my friend... In an old edition of cube (I'm not sure
> sure now... not even sure what magazine but I think cube) I saw
> sopmething about SmashBros DX and saw sonic and tails in a screen
> shot. Whether this was true or not... I'm not sure.

it's not a real image, it was altered to put sonic and tails in it...they were never intended as characters in the game.
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Underbean"
ok y are u talking bout this, hoose all y'alls fave characters mine young link. i have all 10000000 trophies too
Thu 29/04/04 at 19:29
"The Will of D."
Where is sound test mode? I know i've only just beat the game i didn't know about this unlockable, where is it in the menus?
Thu 29/04/04 at 18:53
Regular
People seem to have odd habbits on smash bros...sound test is fun with mixing music and sounds... but they should make trophies weapons in the next game! smashing people with their charictors trophy would be a blast! and more explosives... BOOMS are good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.