GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smash bros"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros'.
Sun 25/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
I was just wondering.. What do you lot use to jump? The control Stick of the Yand X buttons? I use the stick and it seems like I'm the only person that does.. My mate says all his mates who have played smash bros. uses the X and Y buttons but I use the stick. So I was just wondering If this is like it worldwide.
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
..::CGJ::.. wrote:
> How many trophies do you have?

170-something I think, out of 190. 192 in America. 193 in Japan. Buggers.
Tue 04/05/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Oh no! Starwolf!"
Strafio wrote:
> And I'm almost certain they're the same thing.
> I mean, you only have to play both games! :-D

I checked a while ago, and the trophy description says it was originally from SSBM, but they do look really similair, even down to how they open and the confetti..its puzzling :/
Tue 04/05/04 at 02:33
Regular
Definately not in the original Smash Brothers, although I think the original Monkey Ball arcade machine came out before that anysway.

And I'm almost certain they're the same thing.
I mean, you only have to play both games! :-D
Mon 03/05/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Plate of glue"
How many trophies do you have?
Mon 03/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
tphi wrote:
> They weren't the same, although I remember noting how closely they
> looked. The Smash Bros. item you're thinking of I think was in the
> original Smash though, before Monkey Ball used it.

The item (Party Ball) wasn't in the original Smash Bros...but I think it might be from Monkey Ball...I'll go and check if I have a trophy of it when I play it later
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Strafio wrote:
> Actually, the game had atleast one item from Monkey Ball...

They weren't the same, although I remember noting how closely they looked. The Smash Bros. item you're thinking of I think was in the original Smash though, before Monkey Ball used it.
Mon 03/05/04 at 11:44
Regular
Actually, the game had atleast one item from Monkey Ball...

You know, those big yellow balloon thingamies which you threw, they made a noise, they rose up and opened up a load of goodies...

It makes you wonder! :-O
Mon 03/05/04 at 10:45
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
I use Y 2 jump. But i use a mixed combination of the C-Stick and the A button. My favourite character 2 use is Pikachu cos he's good sum strong moves and is very agile.
Super Smash Bros is a Nintendo game. Just cos Sega and Ninty have joined forces it doen't mean Sonic and Tails r gonna b in the next SSB game. U should have noticed that in SSBM that it was focused on the history of NINTENDO, not Sega. It's just like putting Ty the Tasmanian Tiger in the next SSB game!
Neway, I fink the next SSB game should have Samurai Goroh, Wario, Waluigi, Cackletta (that would b cool), and King Dedede. Some of the stages should be Yoshi's Island (as in the game Yoshi's Island), Beanbean Kingdom, Delfino Island, and maybe fighting on a NES,SNES,GB,N64,GBC,GBA, or a GC would b quite cool.
And what about a Super Smash Bros game for the DS? That would be so amazing.
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
Hmmmmmm. Just searching, I found out something verry informative. Aparently smash bros. DX is to us smash bros melee... how odd... well atleast I was partly right.. but not about the sonic and tails thing..
Sat 01/05/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Oh no! Starwolf!"
dooz2k2 wrote:
> I once made a triple coloured yoshi...on the first level of adventure
> mode

You? What! That was me who did that! You just like taking all the attention from me don't you...im on to you..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.