GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should our e-mails carry pictures etc (html)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 21:16
Regular
I would like to know this.

Do you guys prefer a quick zap of text into your inboxes or would you prefer a slower but fancier presentation complete with graphics and pictures?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Would there be pictures or cheese or bananas?

If not... stick to the text with maybe some colour :D
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I tend to read your newsletter... so I would probably plump for the HTML version...

Although... why not send out the text version... with a link at the top of the mail to an on-site HTML version of the letter ?

(a link to a web page here with the news letter on with piccys and stuff - sorry, I wasnt sure if I was making any sense before? :))
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:46
I have a 56K modem.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:44
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Wòókiee Møn§Ý€R wrote:
> Why not give the option to choose? Many mailing lists off a choice of plain text or HTML.

Wouldn't this be confusing?

Perhaps we could make the default the text e-mail, and then offer the ability to "upgrade" free?

We have to be careful about our bandwidth - we send out about 2 million e-mails per month.

By the way - our Internet team are due a celebration. The day before last we had our first ever day of over 100,000 full page impressions - that's pages which include a banner advert.

We rocketed over the 100,000 mark straight to 105,228.

come on, come on
come on, come on
doyawannabeinmybandmybandmyband
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:42
Regular
Think of all those people with 56K modems, LOL.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:36
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Set it out the same way you do the mag, but with hyperlinked page numbers so we can get about it easier.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:32
I don't mind
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Most sites give you an option of HTML/Text only and you can sign up for the one that you feel most confortable with.

Personally, text only for me, I get about 80 mails a day, and the HTML ones just take up too much time.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:25
"High polygon count"
Why not give the option to choose? Many mailing lists off a choice of plain text or HTML.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:25
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I prefer text only, save the pictures for the mag.

Yeah, but if I was to forward the mail to a friend, there is more chance of them joining SR if they see a flashy email as this will reflect on the company.

Well thats my view anyway

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.