GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should our e-mails carry pictures etc (html)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 21:16
Regular
I would like to know this.

Do you guys prefer a quick zap of text into your inboxes or would you prefer a slower but fancier presentation complete with graphics and pictures?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:16
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I would like to know this.

Do you guys prefer a quick zap of text into your inboxes or would you prefer a slower but fancier presentation complete with graphics and pictures?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would prefer graphics and pictures. They take up room and therefore malke less room for boring text so articles have to be shorter which means less reading. The only problem with less text would mean you have to be right to the point with your message because otherwise there is no room.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:21
Regular
I would prefer a fancier presentation with pictures and stuff. With text I tend to just scan the information. With pictures and graphics you can make certain things stand out.

Aslong as it wasnt toooooooooooooooooooo s..........l..........o..............w! :)
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
I prefer text only, save the pictures for the mag.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
Well if I was given the option when I signed up for the emails I would have gone with the fancy design and picture html email... however I reckon giving the option now wouldn't be a bad idea.. some people prefer just text...

:D

It would be great if in the details page you could choose between what email you want!
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:25
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I prefer text only, save the pictures for the mag.

Yeah, but if I was to forward the mail to a friend, there is more chance of them joining SR if they see a flashy email as this will reflect on the company.

Well thats my view anyway
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:25
"High polygon count"
Why not give the option to choose? Many mailing lists off a choice of plain text or HTML.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Most sites give you an option of HTML/Text only and you can sign up for the one that you feel most confortable with.

Personally, text only for me, I get about 80 mails a day, and the HTML ones just take up too much time.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:32
I don't mind
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:36
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Set it out the same way you do the mag, but with hyperlinked page numbers so we can get about it easier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.