GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2's Pricing Policies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 17:55
Regular
I seem to remember...

Last year...

When the PS2 was about to launch...

Sony had managed to start such a marketing frenzy around the PS2 that they were even talking about the machines imminent release on the national news...

Anyway…

At one point, one of the news reporters asked Sony why were we paying so much more for the PS” in the UK than pretty much everywhere else in the world...

To which, in response, Sony PR spokes-person said (and I'm paraphrasing here)

'Everybody else sells their products in the UK at over inflated prices, why should we be the first to stop?'

Now, I’ve wondered since then...

Was Sony being outrageously cheeky... So blatantly over pricing their product, that they would even mention it on national prime time TV?

Or is it actually a fair point?

We complain about over-pricing, and apart the car pricing (which is still higher than the rest of Europe); no one has really done anything about the inflated prices asked for goods in the UK...

Just Cos I Dunno?
Thu 19/07/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
sorry bout extra rip off

got over exited with dissing playstaion

and pricing
Thu 19/07/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
dvds are a rip off here but £300 for a console is a rip off. In spring 2002 with the launch of the GC you could get a GC and decent dvd player for that, and the gc is better
Thu 19/07/01 at 18:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, you're right, it seems as though nothing is being done.

Anyone else know anything?
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I seem to remember...

Last year...

When the PS2 was about to launch...

Sony had managed to start such a marketing frenzy around the PS2 that they were even talking about the machines imminent release on the national news...

Anyway…

At one point, one of the news reporters asked Sony why were we paying so much more for the PS” in the UK than pretty much everywhere else in the world...

To which, in response, Sony PR spokes-person said (and I'm paraphrasing here)

'Everybody else sells their products in the UK at over inflated prices, why should we be the first to stop?'

Now, I’ve wondered since then...

Was Sony being outrageously cheeky... So blatantly over pricing their product, that they would even mention it on national prime time TV?

Or is it actually a fair point?

We complain about over-pricing, and apart the car pricing (which is still higher than the rest of Europe); no one has really done anything about the inflated prices asked for goods in the UK...

Just Cos I Dunno?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.