GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2's Pricing Policies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/07/01 at 17:55
Regular
I seem to remember...

Last year...

When the PS2 was about to launch...

Sony had managed to start such a marketing frenzy around the PS2 that they were even talking about the machines imminent release on the national news...

Anyway…

At one point, one of the news reporters asked Sony why were we paying so much more for the PS” in the UK than pretty much everywhere else in the world...

To which, in response, Sony PR spokes-person said (and I'm paraphrasing here)

'Everybody else sells their products in the UK at over inflated prices, why should we be the first to stop?'

Now, I’ve wondered since then...

Was Sony being outrageously cheeky... So blatantly over pricing their product, that they would even mention it on national prime time TV?

Or is it actually a fair point?

We complain about over-pricing, and apart the car pricing (which is still higher than the rest of Europe); no one has really done anything about the inflated prices asked for goods in the UK...

Just Cos I Dunno?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:52
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr, yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeessssssss bonus, yyyyyeeeeeeess...no.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:47
Regular
OK hear is my post in full;

"Will you be able to play Gran Tourismo 3 on an Xbox tomorrow?"

Like it?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:43
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Ok ok, so you'll have to be biased at some point of your arguement - but when someone complains - try being incessent for once, and call me for help.

If someone does complain - they can't stop you from posting can they!? NO!! You don't ALWAYS have to post i order to provide conversation, you can post in an attempt for GAD you know - GO FOR IT!!
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:39
Regular
don't know how I could post a topic on the Xbox without letting people know how much better the Emotion Engine and the Gekko are better procesors then the Pentium 3.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:34
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Post it Bonus - I have great demand for your post. And if someone does complain (inevitable)- sod 'em. It must have a worthy GAD of course.

Oh, and if you're worried about someone complaining that you're unfairly biased - try not to include any other console in your post!
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:28
Regular
I started to write a tech post about the Xbox, but I dont see the point now, every other tech post I've done has just been slagged off as being biased, so unless there is a great demand for it (or a guaranteed GAD, LOL) I don't see any other reason.

This website will give you a comparison between PC architecture and PS2 architecture is a start for basic knowledge.

http://www.arstechnica.com/ cpu/2q00/ps2/ps2vspc-1.html
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:25
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Go-on Tony - let your emotions flow out of you freely - diss the X-BOX!!!
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:22
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Go-on, post something about how good the Ex-box REALLY is. Unless you want to post something about the Ex-box being good??? I shudder at the thought...

Don't forget - you'll need to paper your room with life-sized pictures of yourself to fool the x-box surveillance feature, and play the music from the Sky Digital menu to make your "watcher" fall asleep.

And don't buy the upgrades.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
A Casio Personal Organiser does not count as a PC.
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:10
Regular
Intel processors are admittedly crap for processing 3d images, I don't even have an Intel processor in my PC, never mind my games console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.