GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greetings Fellow Gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Horny Man!"
Hi there!

I've avoided buying a games machine for a long time due to various commitments, but I'm now in a position to join the gaming community. I'm going to get myself a PS2 and was wondering if anyone had any advice?

There seem to be many deals out there, but where's the best place for me to buy my console? Also, what do I need to get myself started? And finally, what games do people recommend for a beginner? I'm into football in a big way and I've been told PES3 is the best one to go for - do you agree? Also can anyone recommend good sports and driving games as these have been the kind of games I've enjoyed playing on my freind's consoles. Oh, and any good shoot-em-up games?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Cheers
El Horno
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Horny Man!"
§ilver §hadøw wrote:
> Heh, I like you. You shall not die prematurely...

That's a relief... I think!?!
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:09
Regular
Heh, I like you. You shall not die prematurely...
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Horny Man!"
§ilver §hadøw wrote:
> Heh heh, your name looks like 'El Homo' if you squint a little.
>
> Anyhoo, in response to your original question, I'd have to say go for
> the Xbox. PS2's are overpriced and inferior systems.
>
> Fifa or PES? PES by far. It's coming out on Xbox soon (before Xmas is
> the best I can give :S )

Yeah, I s'pose it does.
My missus can look fairly attractive if I squint a little - doesn't make it so! Ha ha...

Hmmm.... it seems most of you are saying X-Box.
I think I'll leave it to fate - if my mate at Sony comes up with the goods then I'll go for that, if not, I'll look at the X-Box.

Decisions, decisions....
El Ho "R" no.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:51
Regular
Heh heh, your name looks like 'El Homo' if you squint a little.

Anyhoo, in response to your original question, I'd have to say go for the Xbox. PS2's are overpriced and inferior systems.

Fifa or PES? PES by far. It's coming out on Xbox soon (before Xmas is the best I can give :S )
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Horny Man!"
Hi there Forest Fan!
So, can you help me - PS2 or X-Box?

By the way, congrats on ensuring First Division football again next year.
Do you think you can keep hold of Reid? I watched your lads down at Ninian Park earlier in the season (Yes, that's right, I'm a Cardiff City fan - cue sheep sha**ing jokes). Reid was good, but not £10m good. Still, I'd like to have him in our midfield alongside Kavanagh! Bet you're all wondering how you'd have faired if you managed to keep hold of Harewood?

Oh, sorry, this is a game forum, isn't it?

So PES or FIFA?
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:37
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Greeting El Horno.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:30
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Not into RPGs then? How about Dark Cloud 3 and Final Fantasy XI
> bundled with the Hard Disc Drive this Christmas?

Dark Cloud 3 I'm not too bothered about and FFXI I'll probably get on PC. I don't really want to fork out for the HDD as I doubt it'll earn it's money back in worth.

Aha, I forgot about Disgaea. I'm definitely looking forward to that :D
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
It is showing at E3 though...

so it exists, which is good enough for me, I'm a huge fan of the first game.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Rosalind wrote:
> linkage?

[URL]http://ps2.ign.com/objects/569/569403.html?ui=gamefinder[/URL] (IGN)

Nothing official from Level 5 (the developers) yet but you can be pretty sure they're working on it given the success of Dark Chronicle.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Dark Cloud Three!

*jumps for joy*

linkage?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.