GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"annoyed that the next grand theft auto is not going to be on xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 16:37
Regular
"object"
I was realy annoyed when i read that the next GTA game is not going to be on xbox it might eventually , cause GTA 3 and vice city have had a graphical make over I regret buying them on ps 2
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:06
Regular
it'd be worth picking up a cheap ps2 just for san andreas, if it is in keeping with the excellent quality of GTA3 or Vice City.

But the ps2 IS in my view an inferior machine, it would make sense to take advantage of the xboxes better specification.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:22
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Now, this will interest quite a few people. The Rare deal. Not well
> known, but MS actually owned Donkey Kong for 48 hours. They could
> have stopped Nintendo from using the characters in the Donkey Kong
> games - but they didn't. In fact, they gave Nintendo the Donkey Kong
> license for nothing. Seems really nice of them huh ?

Rare never had the Kong license, though.

That's always been part of Nintendo, through and through. What Rare DID have, was Diddy, Chunky and the rest of the family that they made up. They were not, however, allowed to use the Kong name with this but could still use their appearances and forenames.

Nintendo have always owned the license to Donkey Kong games as it's Nintendo's idea and character. It's like saying that if Namco were bought out by MS, they'd have the Starfox license. Which would obviously not be true. I expect Microsoft simply handed over the license for all these additional characters that Rare thought up because they were just no use to MS.
Mon 03/05/04 at 15:03
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Why on earth would you want to get a third person game on the PC?

Max Payne 2, Savage etc?

> The graphics are no better than Xbox, the sound isn't as good and
> there's absoloutly nothing else that it does better than the Xbox
> version.

Not true. Maybe on crap graphics cards but when you have everything on max settings with a really high resolution, the Xbox simply can not compete. In terms of audio the PC isn't limited with a number of audio channels unlike the Xbox with 256 with only 64 of them 3D.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.