GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"annoyed that the next grand theft auto is not going to be on xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 16:37
Regular
"object"
I was realy annoyed when i read that the next GTA game is not going to be on xbox it might eventually , cause GTA 3 and vice city have had a graphical make over I regret buying them on ps 2
Mon 03/05/04 at 15:03
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Why on earth would you want to get a third person game on the PC?

Max Payne 2, Savage etc?

> The graphics are no better than Xbox, the sound isn't as good and
> there's absoloutly nothing else that it does better than the Xbox
> version.

Not true. Maybe on crap graphics cards but when you have everything on max settings with a really high resolution, the Xbox simply can not compete. In terms of audio the PC isn't limited with a number of audio channels unlike the Xbox with 256 with only 64 of them 3D.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:22
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Now, this will interest quite a few people. The Rare deal. Not well
> known, but MS actually owned Donkey Kong for 48 hours. They could
> have stopped Nintendo from using the characters in the Donkey Kong
> games - but they didn't. In fact, they gave Nintendo the Donkey Kong
> license for nothing. Seems really nice of them huh ?

Rare never had the Kong license, though.

That's always been part of Nintendo, through and through. What Rare DID have, was Diddy, Chunky and the rest of the family that they made up. They were not, however, allowed to use the Kong name with this but could still use their appearances and forenames.

Nintendo have always owned the license to Donkey Kong games as it's Nintendo's idea and character. It's like saying that if Namco were bought out by MS, they'd have the Starfox license. Which would obviously not be true. I expect Microsoft simply handed over the license for all these additional characters that Rare thought up because they were just no use to MS.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:06
Regular
it'd be worth picking up a cheap ps2 just for san andreas, if it is in keeping with the excellent quality of GTA3 or Vice City.

But the ps2 IS in my view an inferior machine, it would make sense to take advantage of the xboxes better specification.
Mon 03/05/04 at 12:01
Regular
Why on earth would you want to get a third person game on the PC?

The graphics are no better than Xbox, the sound isn't as good and there's absoloutly nothing else that it does better than the Xbox version.
Mon 03/05/04 at 09:20
Regular
"eat toast!"
You could of course get it on the pc. But i feel i can wait for gta san andreas. If they can solve the shooting problems, great, if not, sod it. i'll wait till it gets cheap.
Mon 03/05/04 at 08:35
Regular
": ("
Microsoft taking over the world, anyone?
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I mean plenty of people know me on here and know that I'm not the type to post fake info for "a laugh". Trust me, hearing about all that stuff had me drooling - had to tell you all. :-)

Like you said, it opens up so many possibilities. :-) I mean with Rockstar, even beyond GTA, you have to look at the other games they've been bringing out. :-)
And then if the Nintendo thing works out in Microsofts favour, maybe that could lead to Square making games for the Xbox too and will leave the Resident Evil series open to MS. Gradually it looks like Microsoft is putting Sony against the ropes. More and more popular developers are warming to the XBox and with a couple of these big names looking into an MS buyout, theres going to be less and less reason to own a Sony console.

At the moment, Sony are fine, its over the next few years that we could well see a stranglehold on them. Japan is the tough nut to crack, but imagine if the likes of Sega and Nintendo develop exclusively for the XBox along with possible support from Square oneday. I think it would become only a matter of time before the Japanese warmed to the console.
Of course if Nintendo do play a part in games development for the XBox, it won't be the current console, but at the same time, its still an interesting future prospect.
Sun 02/05/04 at 23:03
"I love yo... lamp."
Well we can hope anyway. Sega are considerably better when they are single format. Think about it, the sequel to Skies Of Arcadia on Xbox (2). Not to mention the possibility of Live.

Outrun Online... GTA East End Of Glasgow Live...

Suddenly I feel so unfulfilled by all current games.
Sun 02/05/04 at 22:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My source is an XBox rep.
Sun 02/05/04 at 22:52
"I love yo... lamp."
It has all been predicted in some shape or form here before, apart from the MS giving Sega the XSN network. So it shouldn't really surprise us. Yet if any of it does happen it will.

So the question is, is your source credible? I'm tempted to try and get the hold of an old pal who is now one of Nintendo's legendary lawyers and see if I can get anything more out of her.

F Zero X on Live...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.