GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - too young, too unoriginal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 20:38
Regular
Has any1 had enough of Mario and co. featurin in nearly evry nintendo game and the amazin overkill of the pokemon series? Seems nintendo find it hard to come up with an original idea, and this is shown with the consoles, nintendo was always 2nd to release - snes afta masta system, N64 afta playstation, and now gamecube afta PS2 and Dreamcast, even the gameboys came afta the game gear. And now 4 the game cube in an attempt 2b original and fresh and 2 break the mould, the main launch game actually won't feature Mario 4 a change, it will feature.... Luigi! Which is really just a lanky Mario painted green, Come On! Don't get me wrong, I luv nintendo far more than sony etc, and mario is very dear 2 me?! butnintendo need 2 b more original and move away from the targetin just kids and come up with more interestin, excitin games
Wed 18/07/01 at 15:18
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I read this topic while almost sweating with rage. Not because of the anti-Nintendo comments but at the laughably bad way it was written.

Can we have a rule saying that to be considered for Gameaday you have to make some attempt at writing properly? That might make the freebie-hungry chatroom addicts that are cropping up recently put at least some effort into typing their posts even if little effort goes into their content.
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:57
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> DarkStar wrote:
> Nintendo not original????
, Pokemon is the
> most original game we've had in ages,

Isn't it just a sh1tty
> turn based fighter with sickeningly cutsie characters?

No. There's the collecting and trading aspect, as well as the trading between Gameboy's.
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:26
Regular
"You've upset me"
I think the really sad thing is Pedro believes he's in with a chance for GAD with this...
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:23
DarkStar wrote:
> Nintendo not original????
, Pokemon is the most original game we've had in ages,

Isn't it just a sh1tty turn based fighter with sickeningly cutsie characters?
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:21
Nintendo not original????
Super Mario 64 was the first proper game in 3D, Pokemon is the most original game we've had in ages, and have you SEEN the GC controller? Nintendo may not be as original as you'd like, but they're more original than any of video games company by far. And at least their games are good quality games even if you hate Mario and co you can't deny Nintendo don't make great games.
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:33
semajal wrote:
> Hey, look at the games available on the n64. It is not all Mario and
> pokemon. What about:

Super Smash
> Bros

Good effort all the same my friend :-)
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:18
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Hey, look at the games available on the n64. It is not all Mario and pokemon. What about:

Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Forsaken
Turok
Star Wars episode one racer
Super Smash Bros
F Zero X
The legend of zelda
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Banjo-kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Fifa 99
Operation Winback
ISS 98
Jet Force Gemini
Lylat Wars
Residant Evil 2
South Park
Shadow man
TWINE
WWF No Mercy
Etc etc
Nintendo are origional and much better than sony.
So there.
Tue 17/07/01 at 22:49
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:
> Sorry Meka, none of the Mario games ever really appealed to
> me.

Mario 64 was good, and so was Mario Karts, but I didn't enjoy
> any of the others.

None of the Mario games never appealed to Ant, even though he just names three that are probably in the greatest games of all time list!
Tue 17/07/01 at 22:42
Regular
"not dead"
I'm not saying they have to appeal, but there was only 1 true Mario game on the N64, how can you get sick of it? It's not like they re-hashed it for 12 releases is it?
Tue 17/07/01 at 22:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sorry Meka, none of the Mario games ever really appealed to me.

Mario 64 was good, and so was Mario Karts, but I didn't enjoy any of the others.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.