GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - too young, too unoriginal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 20:38
Regular
Has any1 had enough of Mario and co. featurin in nearly evry nintendo game and the amazin overkill of the pokemon series? Seems nintendo find it hard to come up with an original idea, and this is shown with the consoles, nintendo was always 2nd to release - snes afta masta system, N64 afta playstation, and now gamecube afta PS2 and Dreamcast, even the gameboys came afta the game gear. And now 4 the game cube in an attempt 2b original and fresh and 2 break the mould, the main launch game actually won't feature Mario 4 a change, it will feature.... Luigi! Which is really just a lanky Mario painted green, Come On! Don't get me wrong, I luv nintendo far more than sony etc, and mario is very dear 2 me?! butnintendo need 2 b more original and move away from the targetin just kids and come up with more interestin, excitin games
Wed 18/07/01 at 21:40
If Nintendo are still young ,then that makes me a one cell amoeba.
Wed 18/07/01 at 21:11
Regular
Nintendo too young?

You do realise Nintendo was set up over 110 years ago don't you?

Mario may be in a lot of games, but they are all (well most of them) original!

Game Boys after Game Gear?

I'm pretty sure that if they Game Boy was released after Game Gear it would've been in colour!

Anyway, Nintendo made Game & Watch a long time before the Game Gear!
Wed 18/07/01 at 21:01
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Nice to see fellow Ninties backing up their favourite Games Developers.

I am a 'neutral' so you may say, because I support both companies: Sony and Nintendo. If any of these two giants are abused in any way by any means due to someone's exceedingly biased opinions...then I get mad and defend the innocent, Nintendo in this case.

Well said Meka, many Ninty haters fail to see beyond a name which they nearly ALWAYS take for granted as being a 'kiddies game' or 'identical' to the last. "Never judge a book by its cover" I say, and many Ninties will agree i'm sure.

So Nintendo can't manage to think up of a new name for a Mario game - but if it stars Mario...then it's bound to have 'Mario' in the title! It certainly DOESN'T mean, by any means, that it will be unoriginal. Hell, it's designed by the one and only Shigsy for heavens sake!
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
About the needing to grow up bit.
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
semajal wrote:
Nintendo are
> origional and much better than sony.
So there.

The first half of this post was good (although I've cut it out,) but you ended it like a complete @sshole. Another example of why newbies aren't allowed to post topics on FOG Prime.
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:44
Regular
Why's that?
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yup, I agree totally with Dan

(Oh and Dan. you need to change your tagline)
Wed 18/07/01 at 20:23
Regular
Luigi's mansion isn't a traditional Mario Style platformer anyway. It's an entirely original ghostbusting game.

And to anyone who calls a Nintendo game childish down to its cute graphics:

GROW UP!
Wed 18/07/01 at 19:42
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> I'm not saying they have to appeal, but there was only 1 true Mario
> game on the N64, how can you get sick of it? It's not like they
> re-hashed it for 12 releases is it?

i agree it's not as if were talking about pokemon for gauds sake!

how many pokemon game actually are there?
gah! can't be bothered to find out.
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:45
I am a big Nintendo fan I was just pointinG out that althoUGH the N64 does havE some original games, these games ArE often not made by Nintendo themselves and if YOu compare the games selection to that of the playstation (althoUGH I'm not a Sony fan) there are fewer games and the ideas are clearly less original wHen it comes to Nintendo's games. Anyways who cares if some of YOu pEOplE disagree with me, fact is YOu lot take all this too seriously, maybe YOu shOuld leave YOur computer alone for a while (don't get all moany about this too, I'm intitled to my opinion and also intitled to use these chat forums, thanx)(nb capital letters mid-sentence can all bE left out and the sentence has the same meaninG)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.