GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - too young, too unoriginal"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/01 at 20:38
Regular
Has any1 had enough of Mario and co. featurin in nearly evry nintendo game and the amazin overkill of the pokemon series? Seems nintendo find it hard to come up with an original idea, and this is shown with the consoles, nintendo was always 2nd to release - snes afta masta system, N64 afta playstation, and now gamecube afta PS2 and Dreamcast, even the gameboys came afta the game gear. And now 4 the game cube in an attempt 2b original and fresh and 2 break the mould, the main launch game actually won't feature Mario 4 a change, it will feature.... Luigi! Which is really just a lanky Mario painted green, Come On! Don't get me wrong, I luv nintendo far more than sony etc, and mario is very dear 2 me?! butnintendo need 2 b more original and move away from the targetin just kids and come up with more interestin, excitin games
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:38
Has any1 had enough of Mario and co. featurin in nearly evry nintendo game and the amazin overkill of the pokemon series? Seems nintendo find it hard to come up with an original idea, and this is shown with the consoles, nintendo was always 2nd to release - snes afta masta system, N64 afta playstation, and now gamecube afta PS2 and Dreamcast, even the gameboys came afta the game gear. And now 4 the game cube in an attempt 2b original and fresh and 2 break the mould, the main launch game actually won't feature Mario 4 a change, it will feature.... Luigi! Which is really just a lanky Mario painted green, Come On! Don't get me wrong, I luv nintendo far more than sony etc, and mario is very dear 2 me?! butnintendo need 2 b more original and move away from the targetin just kids and come up with more interestin, excitin games
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:40
Regular
Wake me up when the Ninty's arrive... *snore*
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:42
Ooh, you're gonna get some stick for this. One other thing: SPAG!
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
rn't u l8 4 ur commun sense cheque?!
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:47
Well nintendo said that from now on the Mario Games will be aimed more at an older age group, but if that means sticking them in a mansion full ghosts to try and add a resident evil type effect then the age group hasn't been chaged that drastically.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I, too, am sick of Mario. In fact, I never liked him in the first place.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:59
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
The Nintys are here Grix....wake up.

Anyways. The Snes was released after the Master System because it was a mcuh more powerful machine. 16 bit and not 8 bit. The same goes for the Playstation. It was released before the N64 because it wasn't as powerful (32 bit and not 64 bit) also Nintendo partly made the Playstation so I don't think you really know what you are on about.

(;o|
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:10
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
what do ya mean more exciting games!
Zelda! That's an exciting game and anyone can play it it's a real good challenge/game!

Anyway I reckon the reason for Nintendo always hving a Mario game is because of people can relate to him cus he is well known. People will associate Mario with quality gaming and buy a console to play it. Then Ninty can start making games for everyone!
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:14
RawisAndy wrote:
> what do ya mean more exciting games!
Zelda! That's an exciting
> game and anyone can play it it's a real good
> challenge/game!

Anyway I reckon the reason for Nintendo always
> hving a Mario game is because of people can relate to him cus he is
> well known. People will associate Mario with quality gaming and buy
> a console to play it. Then Ninty can start making games for
> everyone!

Yeah I agree with RawisAndy Mario is like nintendo's mascot of course they are going to want to use him as the main character in a lot of the games. Mario to Nintendo is like what Sonic was to Sega.
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I, too, am sick of Mario. In fact, I never liked him in the first
> place.

There's another thing we agree on, Turbo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.