GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Pokemon had its day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I know Pokemon was a huge phanominom in 1999, but don't you think they've gone a bit OTT(over the top) with pokemon now, I mean come on, haven't they made anough pokemon games already, and now they're bringing out pokemon colloseum, pokemon fiery red and pokemon leaf green. Will they ever leave pokemon alone? They just don't give up do they! Who agrees with me, I mean, don't you think pokemon should be given a rest?
Sat 08/05/04 at 08:34
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
The pokemon games just lost its magic after gold, silver & crystal came out. Pokemon ruby I thought was just utter b*****s.
I don't understand this either, Red and Blue only came out 4 years ago (it was released in October 1999), its 2 early 4 Ninty 2 b re-releasing it. At least give it another 4 years.

Ninty shouldnt leave Pokemon alone though because children just love it, millions of children around the world love it, and then buy it, giving Ninty millions, and therefore they can produce more great Mario games and new consoles.
Thu 06/05/04 at 13:43
Regular
Probably a test - they'll survey six kids in Japan who've played it and see if they like the new sidequest. If so, they'll make a full game based on its engine.

Obviously that's just me guessing, but it is a perfect way to see whether many people want a 3D Pokémon adventure (which is an obvious "YES")
Thu 06/05/04 at 10:30
"Majestic"
Mav wrote:
> I won't let Nintendo leave Pokemon alone until they create a
> full-length, epic GameCube or N5 version.

This would be great - but doesn’t Pokemon Colosseum offer a small RPG on the side? With that question asked - can you catch pokemon in the mini RPG and use them in Colosseum, without the need for a GBA?
Thu 06/05/04 at 00:42
Regular
Considering Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green sold a million in a week in Japan alone and doubled the sales of the GBA SP...

Then no, Nintendo shouldn't leave Pokemon alone.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:49
Regular
If Nintendo took your attitude Jaxter, we wouldn't see Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid or any other top games the majority of Nintendo fans want to see made for the new systems even now on GameCube.

Nintendo would be out of the games market.
Wed 05/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
It'll never reach near the heights of it's peak again, just like Mario will never hit his late 80's, early 90's peak again and Sonic will never reach his early mid 90's peak.

But neither will ANY of them die out.

You see? :-)
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Lou Role wrote:
> Obviously the Pokemon franchise is still raking in the money, so it
> certainly hasn't had it's day, not quite yet.

Totally agree. If it makes Nintendo loadsa cash, why not.

And also I agree with Mav. We needs a proper 3D Pokémon RPG. A huge epic one, Arcadian style. Johto, Kanto & Hoenn.
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:41
Regular
I won't let Nintendo leave Pokemon alone until they create a full-length, epic GameCube or N5 version.
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:25
Regular
A lot of franchises has gone a long way, delivering many games. What about Final Fantasy? They will not stop as long as they have new ideas.
Oh, and by the way I think that it is great that they will make fire red and leaf green. I do not want to buy colloseum though...
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Obviously the Pokemon franchise is still raking in the money, so it certainly hasn't had it's day, not quite yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.