GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Pokemon had its day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I know Pokemon was a huge phanominom in 1999, but don't you think they've gone a bit OTT(over the top) with pokemon now, I mean come on, haven't they made anough pokemon games already, and now they're bringing out pokemon colloseum, pokemon fiery red and pokemon leaf green. Will they ever leave pokemon alone? They just don't give up do they! Who agrees with me, I mean, don't you think pokemon should be given a rest?
Sun 09/05/04 at 13:23
Regular
"??????"
Edgy wrote:
> I'm hoping that they do decide to do a full blown Pokémon RPG
> for GameCube.

Agreed.

They'll probably do what they sometimes do and bring it back in a few years for the new generation.
Sun 09/05/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Legendary Link wrote:
>the new
> pokemon they keep creating really do lack the inovation and
> originality of the first batch.

I 100% agree!
Sat 08/05/04 at 20:46
Regular
yeah, the games are getting extreamly repetative now, and the new pokemon they keep creating really do lack the inovation and originality of the first batch.
Sat 08/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
I'm hoping that they do decide to do a full blown Pokémon RPG for GameCube.

They could use the same kind of system as Skies of Arcadia for teh battling (scenery looking slightly different to fit the battle, turn based fighting) keeping the Pokémon battles similar to those of Pokémon Stadium.

However the colloseum/stadium modes would be an extra mainly for extending the life of the game and multiplayer.
Sat 08/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> I won't let Nintendo leave Pokemon alone until they create a
> full-length, epic GameCube or N5 version.

Yea I agree, Colloseum didn't turn out the way I was expecting it to. I thought it would be like the GB games, only in full 3-D. However you can only catch 50 pokemon in colloseum, and they have to be certain ones. It completely removes all aspects of freedom.

I want something that's similar to the TV series really; just wandering around the world catching random pokemon and training them up, gaining badges and the like. I'm a little dissapointed with colloseum to be honest.
Sat 08/05/04 at 17:43
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Probably a test - they'll survey six kids in Japan

With our luck, it'll probably be the six Xbox owners in Japan...
Sat 08/05/04 at 17:42
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Probably a test - they'll survey six kids in Japan who've played it
> and see if they like the new sidequest. If so, they'll make a full
> game based on its engine.

In that case, I hope they give the Colosseum graphics an overhaul.
Sat 08/05/04 at 17:39
Regular
No offence but if you plan to buy 3 Pokemon games then why the hell do you think it has had it's day.

Pokemon is still the biggest selling franchise in Japan and hits the top 10 time and time again in the states and Europe.

Colleseium bundle for the Cube will also boost sales.
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Pokemon, in my view, has had its day. I still like Pokemon, but not in the sense that I would want to tell people that at school. (Apart from the people who feel the same way)

I haven't played Ruby or Sapphire yet, and I don't plan to anytime soon unless I see it cheap.

I will buy Pokemon Colluseum. And I probably will buy Fire Red or Leaf Green so I can transfer pokemon.

The Pokemon craze stopped soon after everyone had completed Gold and Silver. 252 Pokemon is enough for me.

Maybey they will re make Gold and Silver?
Sat 08/05/04 at 12:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
krĽko$_NiNtĽ_1™ wrote:
> The pokemon games just lost its magic after gold, silver & crystal
> came out. Pokemon ruby I thought was just utter b*****s.
> I don't understand this either, Red and Blue only came out 4 years
> ago (it was released in October 1999), its 2 early 4 Ninty 2 b
> re-releasing it. At least give it another 4 years.

Ruby & Sapphire were good, they had everything you could want from a Pokémon game, the new two vs. two battles gave it extra depth and it retained the quality of the series.
R&B will have been out five years by the time it's released over here. And it ain't just a re-make. You've got extra islands to explore, and all the new gameplay features from R/S, plus the new graphics and sound.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.