GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Pokemon had its day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I know Pokemon was a huge phanominom in 1999, but don't you think they've gone a bit OTT(over the top) with pokemon now, I mean come on, haven't they made anough pokemon games already, and now they're bringing out pokemon colloseum, pokemon fiery red and pokemon leaf green. Will they ever leave pokemon alone? They just don't give up do they! Who agrees with me, I mean, don't you think pokemon should be given a rest?
Mon 10/05/04 at 23:38
Regular
A decent online service with microphone support would be excellent - and if at a reasonable price, like Xbox Live, I reckon would make playing Pokémon online a rather essential purchase from myself.

HOWEVER

I would want that as a multiplayer extra on a huge single player game.

I want a Pokémon game that is going to last me as long as Skies of Arcadia, or even longer.

Something to keep me occupied for months and get behind with the games.

I've got too many games at the moment as nothing is gripping me for long enough.
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:56
Regular
Pokemonline

You know it makes sense.
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:50
"period drama"
Yar - multiple worlds, proper gym-leader battles in themed arenas and a world championship.
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:28
Regular
On the N5, I'd imagine they'd have the ability to make a full 3D game including all the 'worlds', Kanto, Johto, etc, etc.

With a mixture of all the elements from the Game Boy games, like day and night, Pokémon specific to certain areas, four moves per Pokémon, and a decent Pokédex with real voiceovers from the cartoon series - and with the original characters (such as Playing as Ash) it could be a proper bo game!

Mon 10/05/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Nintendo won't just release 'one last pokemon game', not while the franchise is still going strong. They should simply do a remake of one of the GBA games for the GC, but on a grander scale, that's what I think anyway.
Mon 10/05/04 at 19:44
Regular
Pokemon isn't over, just not in it's prime any more. I think what Nintendo should do is bring out one last game entitled "Pokemon" and include all Pokemon from all games and all gym leaders. Then they should leave it alone.
Sun 09/05/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I haven't actually played Colloseum, but don't you get transported to the different areas with some machine?
Sun 09/05/04 at 22:33
"period drama"
As long as we get a proper, 3D, multi-world RPG I'll be happy.
After that, and before that - do what you want with the little critters.
Sun 09/05/04 at 21:38
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
..::CGJ::.. wrote:
> 252 Pokemon is enough for me.

erm.. 251. Unless you count a single one from Ruby and sapphire.

Actually i found R/S very laborious. Not enough new ideas, and the tag team idea wasn't very exciting, only really worthy for the novelty value.

Still if it was the first pokemon game I bought then it would have blown me away. As a R/B/Y G/S/C veteran I had seen it all before, and the new beauty shows, berry mixing and the like really didnt help, since only a hardcore tactical version would really make me happy. Still each to their own. As long as the 11 year olds are happy.
Sun 09/05/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Cogito, Ergo Doleo."
The Pokemon game still has life left in it, but it's just the plethora of crappy merchandise that goes with it... when will the stop selling sweat-shop mass-market junk... It drags the series down and makes it look rubbish when it is actually a piece of gaming history.

A game for GC or N5 would be a very interesting project, especially if it were a full blown 3d RPG game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.