GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has Pokemon had its day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I know Pokemon was a huge phanominom in 1999, but don't you think they've gone a bit OTT(over the top) with pokemon now, I mean come on, haven't they made anough pokemon games already, and now they're bringing out pokemon colloseum, pokemon fiery red and pokemon leaf green. Will they ever leave pokemon alone? They just don't give up do they! Who agrees with me, I mean, don't you think pokemon should be given a rest?
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Sorry I just realised that it isn't out until Friday, doh!
Tue 11/05/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Have you played Colosseum yet? One minute I want to get it, but then sometimes I'm not too sure about it. It's not the game I was expecting it to be, but it could still be an interesting little adventure trying to catch those dark Pokemon.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:58
"the golden parsnip"
I am a true pokemaniac, and I say pokemon ROCKS!!! Sure, it's got its downsides, and can be annoying, but heck! I got my first game boy (colour),with pokemon silver, and since then, I have expanded my pokemon game collection, bought a GBA sp, and I have NEVER got bored of it. I have pokemon Yellow, Red, Gold, Silver, Crystal and Ruby, and hey, I love Them! (In a manner of speaking, of course.) No one here at this chat room can change my mind, and that's my greatest speech ever.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:53
Regular
You really think Pokémon is going to end with one more game Dan.J?

If so then you obviously know very little on how the market works.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:47
Regular
I hear what your saying. Personaly i think they should release one last great pokemon game on the game boy (The best type). this would make a nice farewell to Pokemon
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:45
"the golden parsnip"
Electrum wrote:
As long as the 11 year olds are happy.

We are.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:42
"the golden parsnip"
Legendary Link wrote:
> yeah, the games are getting extreamly repetative now, and the new
> pokemon they keep creating really do lack the inovation and
> originality of the first batch.

I agree, but Nintendo should continue until they run out of ideas.
(:-D
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Nintendo should make a game like that and use it as a launch title for their next console, but then again that would further promote the kiddy image which plagued the GC.
Tue 11/05/04 at 19:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
If only you worked for Nintendo.

:)
Tue 11/05/04 at 01:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
tphi's super dream wish list for a GC/N5 Pokémon Game:

Full 3D.
Be actually able to catch all 386+ without having to go to some Nintendo give-a-way.
Play time 70 hours minimum.
Gold/Silver/Crystal's Day/Night system, cruelly removed from Ruby/Sapphire.
Tons of sidequests and collectable stuff (think Skies)
Plays like the GB games.
3rd Person/1st Person views.
Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, Hoenn, and other places.
Be able to Surf and Fly on Pokémon.
Customisable house/Secret Base - Animal Crossing style customisation and upgrading for more rooms, basement.
A Harvest Moon style "Get a Wife" bit.
This must include Misty.
Complete Pokédex with absolutely everything you ever wanted to know, plus maps, radio, emails from NPCs..
Re-playable Trainer matches.
Real Voice Acting, preferably from those who do the anime.
Be able to play as/meet Ash, Gary, Oak etc.

If I think of any more, I'll add them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.