GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holy Crap. Epona and Link back in 3D! *Orgasms*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/05/04 at 20:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
New Mirror: These pics work and will knock you senseless.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/

Scroll down for pictures and video.

Amazing on horse combat. There's gameplay to shove up your ass Memo.
Fri 14/05/04 at 15:20
Regular
The English honours system isn't at the same level as a Scottish honours apparently :D

The only reason the English courses give the honours title is so that an English degree doesn't sound inferior to a Scottish one, even though it is :D

That might not be true, but our lecturer told us something along those lines.

Anyway, I dount the workload is more intense, we do 10 individual modules per year on our course, adding up to a total of 40 modules over the four years including a year long project in fourth year. I doubt that's any less intense per year than what you do.

Plus, I can apply for jobs in England at the same leevl as students who have completed a 3 year degree down south. I know that because I've asked a CEO of a Cambridge based company.
Fri 14/05/04 at 15:06
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Nope, I'm Scottish, and because we are clever, we do four year BSc
> degrees with Honous ;)
>
> This year I will have a BSc, next year I'll hopefully have a BSc
> (Hons) :D

Three years for a Hons over here, that means more intense work, but a year extra to start earning back the bucks - unless I have to resit. :o)
Fri 14/05/04 at 15:04
Regular
maddmun wrote:

> Yes, it does that, but it's not 3D.
> It's 3D in there, but displayed 2D, therefore it's 2D.
>
> If you take a photo of someone, then look at the photo, the things in
> it ARE 3D, but the pciture isn't.

Yeah, but isn't that just a tad obvious?
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:27
Regular
Bonus wrote:

> Right, next point, someone said that no games are 3D. You are wrong.
> All "3D" games are represented inside the computer as 3D
> spaces with an x, y and z axis. To be shown on a 2D display the
> objects are tranformed in the world space, then in the camera space
> and then a perspective projection transformation is applied to show
> that objects further away look smaller on the screen.

Yes, it does that, but it's not 3D.
It's 3D in there, but displayed 2D, therefore it's 2D.

If you take a photo of someone, then look at the photo, the things in it ARE 3D, but the pciture isn't.
None of your blah de blah uni stuff.
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:22
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Nope, I'm Scottish, we are clever,

Now, there's an argument I couldn't win if I was actually stupid enough to start it.

Since you're in Uni that makes you better than me, I'm only doing my highers at the moment.

:(
Fri 14/05/04 at 13:06
Regular
Arguing about fractions!!! You people need to get lives!!!!

NOW STOP IT CHILDREN
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:50
Regular
Nope, I'm Scottish, and because we are clever, we do four year BSc degrees with Honous ;)

This year I will have a BSc, next year I'll hopefully have a BSc (Hons) :D
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:47
Regular
Arghh, a Lab session beckons. I'm assuming you've almost finished your last year project then?
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:42
Regular
It'll take a little while.

You've just got to start thinking out of the usual things you have been taught, and remember that everything has been simplified.

It shows you there how the standard dimentions are figured out, and even shows that 2 can be expressed as a fraction, when it says

2logN/logN = 2 dimensions :D

2 is just simplified and taught at lower levels so that people don't get really confused.

It is useful to simplify dimensions 95% of the time, unless you are dealing with fractal dimensions, and computer games are increasingly using fractal representations of objects to allow for real time deformations of terrain :D

I would guess that even as far back as Magic Carpet, fractals were in use in 3D games. The earthquakes in that game actually deformed the landscape. You could also use midpoint displacement (a form of fractal terrain generation) to simulate craters formed by meteors or rockets, actually during gameplay
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:36
Regular
Ah, thank yee, I'm guessing this will take some time to get my head round. Never liked logarithms.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.