GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Battle. What is the best Final Fantasy or Zelda."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 19:28
Regular
When it comes to role playing games they don't get much bigger than Final Fantasy or Zelda, except for Pokemon but I have decided not to compare that. While Final Fantasy rules the Playstion world with it's long puzzling adventures that are spread over several disk, the Zelda series is busy dominating the Nintendo world. Final Fantasy uses things like random battles that you can't actually see coming, but if you win one you are rewarded with experience points to try and build up you characters level. Zelda on the other hand has a singel character called Link that doesn't level up he just gets more energy hearts, also link can see all of the enemys he has to fight and can use this to his advantage and choose to avoid most of them. As you will probably know in Final Fantasy you control a team of three characters where as in the Zelda series the only character you control is Link.

Both the Final Fantasy and Zelda games proved to be very popular with the fans of their respective consoles but my question to you is who is the true role playing game masters.
Would you choose Final Fantasy over Zelda?
Would you choose Cloud and the gang over Link?
Would you choose Square over Nintendo?

Remeber there is no need for argument just simply state your opinion. Well ok then if you want to argue who am I to stop you, I'm just a stick. Let the argument begin.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:03
Cyclone wrote:
> Thanks - I take it you like the Foo Fighters by your tagline?

You would be wright to think that. I only have one album though. Do you like them?
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thanks - I take it you like the Foo Fighters by your tagline?
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:58
Cyclone wrote:
> Zelda is a far better looking game, and has a lot of history, like
> the Final Fantasy series. I like the FF games, but they just seem to
> be churned out, at the expense of graphics, although they are very
> long.

Square over Nintendo? Stupid question. Nintendo kick
> Squares butt - Although i do like Square.

Baldurs Gate is an
> excellent game - A few annoying things, but a good game - is the
> sequel any good?

Zelda wins - Due to the all-roundness of it.

Your better off asking Hooplah about the Baldurs Gate question, but i don't think he is online at the moment.
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zelda is a far better looking game, and has a lot of history, like the Final Fantasy series. I like the FF games, but they just seem to be churned out, at the expense of graphics, although they are very long.

Square over Nintendo? Stupid question. Nintendo kick Squares butt - Although i do like Square.

Baldurs Gate is an excellent game - A few annoying things, but a good game - is the sequel any good?

Zelda wins - Due to the all-roundness of it.
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:11
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> LPG stands for Liquid Propane Gas.

This is of course very
> different to RPG, which stands for Role Playing Game.

lol. I thought it was another type of game or something. : )
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:07
Regular
"How Handy."
LPG stands for Liquid Propane Gas.

This is of course very different to RPG, which stands for Role Playing Game.
Tue 17/07/01 at 14:04
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> I can't stand RPGs. LPG, now that's a different thing. Obviously.
> If it wasn't it would be called RPG.

As you may have noticed i
> talk total bo11ocks.

What does LPG stand for????? Did you make it up???????
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:03
Regular
"How Handy."
I can't stand RPGs. LPG, now that's a different thing. Obviously. If it wasn't it would be called RPG.

As you may have noticed i talk total bo11ocks.
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
I thought this was about the preferred battle system out of Zelda and FF?

I suppose it might be. It depends on how you interpret the title of the thread. Stick474 will have to answer that. From the initial post content I thought he was asking which of the two titles was the better RPG, hence the general ‘Is Zelda an RPG’ discussion.
Tue 17/07/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
Final Fantasy without a doubt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.