GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RPG Battle. What is the best Final Fantasy or Zelda."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/07/01 at 19:28
Regular
When it comes to role playing games they don't get much bigger than Final Fantasy or Zelda, except for Pokemon but I have decided not to compare that. While Final Fantasy rules the Playstion world with it's long puzzling adventures that are spread over several disk, the Zelda series is busy dominating the Nintendo world. Final Fantasy uses things like random battles that you can't actually see coming, but if you win one you are rewarded with experience points to try and build up you characters level. Zelda on the other hand has a singel character called Link that doesn't level up he just gets more energy hearts, also link can see all of the enemys he has to fight and can use this to his advantage and choose to avoid most of them. As you will probably know in Final Fantasy you control a team of three characters where as in the Zelda series the only character you control is Link.

Both the Final Fantasy and Zelda games proved to be very popular with the fans of their respective consoles but my question to you is who is the true role playing game masters.
Would you choose Final Fantasy over Zelda?
Would you choose Cloud and the gang over Link?
Would you choose Square over Nintendo?

Remeber there is no need for argument just simply state your opinion. Well ok then if you want to argue who am I to stop you, I'm just a stick. Let the argument begin.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:18
SnoopDoggyDan wrote:
> Final Fantasy by a long shot. Or should that be a hook shot?
(The
> comedy genius strikes again)

hahaha, your comedy powers grow stong old man but mentally your weak and I will use this to my advantage and defeat you hahahahaha. : )

Sorry about that yes you certainly are a comedy genius.
Tue 17/07/01 at 20:13
Final Fantasy by a long shot. Or should that be a hook shot?
(The comedy genius strikes again)
Tue 17/07/01 at 19:20
semajal wrote:
> Zelda is best cos ive never played on final fantesy.

Ok then, that sounds a good enough reason for me.
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:27
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Zelda is best cos ive never played on final fantesy.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:56
Cyclone wrote:
> Yes we do - Zelda (or link)

We ahve our own opinions but that does'nt say who is really the best. To find out who the best is we will have to do an official pole, I'll have a word in Kilroy's ear and ask him to arrange it on one of his shows. : )
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes we do - Zelda (or link)
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:48
Who is the best Zelda or Final Fantasy, we just dont know.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Monkey Wrench on Colour And The Shape - Live In Skin or MIA is best on NLTL.

Everlong on CATS is also very good.

(post the next messages in the Blink this forum - I sense we are annoying RPG lovers)
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:22
Cyclone wrote:
> They are one of my favs - Get Colour and The Shape, it is far better
> than Nothing Left To Lose (although this is still good)

Thanks for telling me, i'll make it the next cd that I buy. What is your favourite Foo Fighter song, mine is Learn to fly but I haven't heard any of the Colour and the Shape album yet.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They are one of my favs - Get Colour and The Shape, it is far better than Nothing Left To Lose (although this is still good)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.