GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/07/01 at 12:35
Regular
ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT TO GO!!!

how many of you are picking up a copy of GT3 next friday?

I definatly am!!!
Tue 17/07/01 at 23:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've read alot of reviews on the US release over on videogames.com and everyone seemed to give it about 9/10 except for a couple who were annoyed at only having 150 cars and no special cars or whatever they were.

I've heard the PAL release isn't as fast as the Japan game but hey is ANY??
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:32
Regular
The licenses are a bit like adding difficulty levels to racing games. Giving you access to all of the races, all of the tracks and all of the cars at the start would make the game boring. There'd be no impetus to play it to improve.

The same way you need to aquire racing licenses in real life. All of the drivers in F1 have aquired an F1 license after driving and showing good form in formula3000 etc .
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good graphics then.

Racing games aren't really my thing - Especialy one with excessive cars and silly licences to get - I know it extends the life, but it is boring sometimes.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> There is something new in the GT3 games. No lag. There is an
> instant response to your controls, and that is a massive difference
> to the game.

That's what I meant by 'better handling'! ;-)
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:20
"High polygon count"
Cyclone wrote:
> Welcome to FAQ time, hosted by Wookie Monster!:

I have just seen
> the screenshots of GT3-They look really good, I have to admit, but
> is it video or in game graphics?

In-game - what you're seeing is the replay feature.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:11
Regular
There is something new in the GT3 games. No lag. There is an instant response to your controls, and that is a massive difference to the game. It means you need a little while to adapt, but overall, you will be impressed by this game.
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Welcome to FAQ time, hosted by Wookie Monster!:

I have just seen the screenshots of GT3-They look really good, I have to admit, but is it video or in game graphics?
Tue 17/07/01 at 17:08
"High polygon count"
Cyclone wrote:
> So it is no different - What is the point -According to most, the
> graphics don't matter!

Graphics don't make a game, but they do matter. The racing genre is one of few which actually benefits greatly from improved graphics.

Having said that, it depends largely on the type of game. Something like Wacky Races doesn't need to be amazing-looking as it's based on a cartoon. GT3, F1 games and the like, are supposed to represent cars from the real world; as such, the more realistic they look, the more effective the game becomes, and therefore more enjoyable.
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So it is no different - What is the point -According to most, the graphics don't matter!
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:34
"High polygon count"
There is nothing 'new' apart from the possibilty of a six-player link-up, and some new tracks.

The attraction is that you have what millions of people consider to be the best racing game in the world, now with far better handling, and the best, most photo-relistic graphics yet seen on any platform.

In terms of gameplay, it's no different to GT2 - but no-one has ever claimed that it was, so no-one's going to be disappointed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.