GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need the best FPS for PC!! all opinons needed..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive been looking through the reviews but they all seem quite mixed and I am desperate to make sure that I spend my £30 price budget wisely.
Call of duty looks amazing however I was surprised to see it drop out of the best selling charts and that has worried me a little.

Farcry looks amazing graphics wise but is the gameplay and lastability any good? there are a few dodgy reviews commenting on the bad online multiplayer and dodgy A.I in offline play.

I was also thinking about getting Allied assualt with its expansion pack included however a few people have advised me to stay well clear of this due to dodgy gameplay elements.

What is the best first person shooter on PC at the moment? It dosnt nessecarily have to be any of the games I have just mentioned.
the characteristics I am interested in our:
game length
graphics
gameplay
online playability
and if it has a decent story then thats always a bonus...
Sun 23/05/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Silent Scope"
It depends on what u r lookin 4; multiplayer or single. If you want single, take far cry as it has good graphics and ai etc, but the multiplayer is beyond awful. If you want multiplayer, take CoD, as it has the best on the net. It doesnt rival Far Cry in grahics, but the AI is as good, and the missions are well set out, if 2 short.
Sun 23/05/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
cipro wrote:
> FAR CRY
>
> Excellent game, amazing graphics, some dull interior bits but the
> rest is pure adrenalin fuelled Rambo style carnage, and some very
> nice tropical environments to fight through. And vehicles too.
>
> Call of Duty is also a great game, best WW2 based shooter ever, but
> far too short. I'd recommend you wait for the expansion pack to come
> out, no doubt there will be a double pack with both the full game and
> the expansion together, and that might be a much worth while
> purchase.
>
> [Edit] Best to stay away fro Allied assault, it's crap compared to
> CoD, and the expansions are pretty naff too, Breakthrough made me
> want to destroy my PC, that game annoyed me to the brink of
> destruction, whatever you do if you decide to get allied assault,
> don't get the expansion.

Alrite, I got ya! so when is the expansion pack due out for call of duty?

Far cary does look good but has it got a good multiplayer?

last question: Are there any other amazing FPS' that I should consider?
Sun 23/05/04 at 16:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
FAR CRY

Excellent game, amazing graphics, some dull interior bits but the rest is pure adrenalin fuelled Rambo style carnage, and some very nice tropical environments to fight through. And vehicles too.

Call of Duty is also a great game, best WW2 based shooter ever, but far too short. I'd recommend you wait for the expansion pack to come out, no doubt there will be a double pack with both the full game and the expansion together, and that might be a much worth while purchase.

[Edit] Best to stay away fro Allied assault, it's crap compared to CoD, and the expansions are pretty naff too, Breakthrough made me want to destroy my PC, that game annoyed me to the brink of destruction, whatever you do if you decide to get allied assault, don't get the expansion.
Sun 23/05/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ive been looking through the reviews but they all seem quite mixed and I am desperate to make sure that I spend my £30 price budget wisely.
Call of duty looks amazing however I was surprised to see it drop out of the best selling charts and that has worried me a little.

Farcry looks amazing graphics wise but is the gameplay and lastability any good? there are a few dodgy reviews commenting on the bad online multiplayer and dodgy A.I in offline play.

I was also thinking about getting Allied assualt with its expansion pack included however a few people have advised me to stay well clear of this due to dodgy gameplay elements.

What is the best first person shooter on PC at the moment? It dosnt nessecarily have to be any of the games I have just mentioned.
the characteristics I am interested in our:
game length
graphics
gameplay
online playability
and if it has a decent story then thats always a bonus...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.