GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come in small packages"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
Nintendo are big so why do they create so small? Come on there must be something wrong if Microsoft can makes something so big only Bill Gates himself can fit it in his mansion come on look at the reacent and still to be released Nintendo stuff.

The GBA it is bigger than the GBC but you could of fooled me it is so tiny but look at the carts! I'm afraid i will lose it in my pocket and as Will Smith once said "can you hold this i'm afraid i might break it".

Look at the Gamecube! About the same size of 10 stacked up CD's, that is about the same size of my alarm clock! Nintendo like portable stuff especially with the handle but a home console that doesn't even come close to the huge size of the PS2 and X-box.

It is taller (only a bit) I know but it is still tiny. And don't say it is because of DVD the Gamecube DVD is just a little taller than the Gamecube! Proof Bigger isn't better and ood things come in small packages!

Is something this small capable of doing something so good, of course it is! And what effect does this have on the individual sales well the Japs love small things that is why they have already (basically) rejected the X-box!

I can no longer wait for the GC but when I get it
I will be worried i'm going to lose it in my pile of games and magazines.

Here's to a future of small things.

Dringo
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:08
Regular
so whats shocktrooper chatting about protecting the base?
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:08
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Or†ega wrote:
> just never seen a stand for another console before. why does the
> base need protection? If the PS2 can be damaged in this way shoudnt
> have sony packaged a stand with the console

Well, it would of cost more, not enough room in the box, and not too many people take care in the way they place their PS2's on the surface. Example: there might be a lot of dust, tiny objects etc which might somehow damage the base of the thing.

Oh, and without a stand, some people might not have the guts to stand their PS2 up in fear of them knmocking it over and damaging it. Turbonutters an exception, but that's a nutter for you innit? Eh turbo?

I'm of to bed - night!
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The stand doesn't protect the base, that's bollards.

The base is purely there to make it look better. It doesn't need it, as it stands up fine on its own. Many people don't now nor never will have the stand.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:05
Regular
erm but it is in an alcove at the bottom! and you can put a lid over it!
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It is external as it dosn't go inside the casing, just plugs onto the bottom.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:03
Regular
You see if Sony did that then they couldn't make money charging an extra 10 quid for it.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:02
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Well done Dringo me son.

Right, i'm off to bed lads - NIGHT!
Broadband gets slower with every nearby user, yes?
Regular
just never seen a stand for another console before. why does the base need protection? If the PS2 can be damaged in this way shoudnt have sony packaged a stand with the console
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
Dringo smacks head!!!!!!!!

Thats not it attached you see the alcove below that is where it fits in. Oh so funny and i was right it is at the bottom! Another thing as it is at the bottom then how will it stand up if it is external?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.