GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come in small packages"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
Nintendo are big so why do they create so small? Come on there must be something wrong if Microsoft can makes something so big only Bill Gates himself can fit it in his mansion come on look at the reacent and still to be released Nintendo stuff.

The GBA it is bigger than the GBC but you could of fooled me it is so tiny but look at the carts! I'm afraid i will lose it in my pocket and as Will Smith once said "can you hold this i'm afraid i might break it".

Look at the Gamecube! About the same size of 10 stacked up CD's, that is about the same size of my alarm clock! Nintendo like portable stuff especially with the handle but a home console that doesn't even come close to the huge size of the PS2 and X-box.

It is taller (only a bit) I know but it is still tiny. And don't say it is because of DVD the Gamecube DVD is just a little taller than the Gamecube! Proof Bigger isn't better and ood things come in small packages!

Is something this small capable of doing something so good, of course it is! And what effect does this have on the individual sales well the Japs love small things that is why they have already (basically) rejected the X-box!

I can no longer wait for the GC but when I get it
I will be worried i'm going to lose it in my pile of games and magazines.

Here's to a future of small things.

Dringo
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> By the way, happy 16th Ortega.

eh? what u on about happy 16th?
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry! It's not Ortega, it's IB!

Soz.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:13
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Shocky knows nothing. The PS2 can go at least 35 degrees without
> falling over. I will bring proper test results tomorrow.

Tommorow is 23 hours 46 minutes away!
Regular
PS2 slide along freely? test results? lol!
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
By the way, happy 16th Ortega.
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Or†ega wrote:
> so whats shocktrooper chatting about protecting the base?

It even says so in the SR mag! The stand also keeps the PS2 cleaner.
Regular
He's right you know!
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Shocky, do you have a PS2?
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Shocky knows nothing. The PS2 can go at least 35 degrees without falling over. I will bring proper test results tomorrow.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:11
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Turbonutter wrote:
> The stand doesn't protect the base, that's bollards.

The base is
> purely there to make it look better. It doesn't need it, as it
> stands up fine on its own. Many people don't now nor never will have
> the stand.

The stand does protect the base. Think for once.

Oh and the controllers might pull on the PS2 and pull it over if it didn't have a stand. With a stand, pulling it would be fine. The PS2 would simply slide along the surface ans stand smugly up-right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.