GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come in small packages"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
Nintendo are big so why do they create so small? Come on there must be something wrong if Microsoft can makes something so big only Bill Gates himself can fit it in his mansion come on look at the reacent and still to be released Nintendo stuff.

The GBA it is bigger than the GBC but you could of fooled me it is so tiny but look at the carts! I'm afraid i will lose it in my pocket and as Will Smith once said "can you hold this i'm afraid i might break it".

Look at the Gamecube! About the same size of 10 stacked up CD's, that is about the same size of my alarm clock! Nintendo like portable stuff especially with the handle but a home console that doesn't even come close to the huge size of the PS2 and X-box.

It is taller (only a bit) I know but it is still tiny. And don't say it is because of DVD the Gamecube DVD is just a little taller than the Gamecube! Proof Bigger isn't better and ood things come in small packages!

Is something this small capable of doing something so good, of course it is! And what effect does this have on the individual sales well the Japs love small things that is why they have already (basically) rejected the X-box!

I can no longer wait for the GC but when I get it
I will be worried i'm going to lose it in my pile of games and magazines.

Here's to a future of small things.

Dringo
Mon 16/07/01 at 08:13
Regular
"not dead"
Oh dear, back to the aesthetics again!

When it comes to a handheld, size is a hugely relevant factor (forgive the pun).

The GameBoy Advance looks fantastic, and I think that it's incredibley well layed out, given that the screen is of a decent size, the buttons are easily accessible, and it is still so compact.

I see this as a great achievement by Nintendo, and hope that it's a success.

But when it comes to you homw system, does it really matter how big it is?

Well to an extent, yes. The Japanese have some issues with the size of the Xbox, though whether this is really a problem, or if they're just finding problems because it's not Japanese, I'm not sure.

Personally I'm only going to have one console sitting under my TV at any one time, so the console can be as big as it wants, given that it will still fit where I want it to.

I can see the layout of the console being important. You want the pads to plug in somewhere sensible, like at the front, and all of the wires and the like at the back, out of the way, so you cxan plug it in, connect it to the TV etc, without unsightly wires hanging everywhere.

The console also has to be layout out in such a way that putting a game in is simple, not requiring all of the leads out of the way first!

When I first saw a PS2 I thought it looked cool, much smaller than the pictures I had seen lead me to believe. When I was the PSOne I wasn't too sure about it. It looks nice enough, but was somehow lacking.

But it comes down to personal opinion, and console makers can't possibly please everyone. As long as it's easy to use, they've done their bit!
Sat 14/07/01 at 01:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I suppose that was stupid.

Turbonutter: 20/20 hindsight.
Fri 13/07/01 at 21:00
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
"I am the most dedicated member."

Heh.
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:57
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
The GC looks quite big in pictures but from other resources I know it is smaller, and I’m getting worried about GC dvd player because the dvd disks are going to be smaller than usual yes? Well that means that the dvd industry will have to make “special” disks, this will cost a lot causing GC dvd prices to be high. Lets hope that Nintendo doesn’t make their consoles to small because then we will be losing them in our house, “Im sure I left it their 10 minutes ago….” Maybe it’s a trick?, to make the consoles so small that we lose them and have to buy another...
Fri 13/07/01 at 01:00
Regular
2 weeks ago when i dissapeard i wasn't even on the chart now i'm 17/16 where am i now?
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I see it as a personal achievement. I am the most dedicated member. I have got that spot without spamming or chatting for ages in the WLT (Like RBS). I just reply to topics with the odd argument with Ortega and Dringo on the way.

I feel a owe a little of this privelage to these two by the way. Thanks guys.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:51
Regular
Top posters waste of time whats the point other than to get your name in SR magazine!
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Or†ega wrote:
> turbo nutter...top poster from last 30 days

Look in the chat!
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:46
Regular
I@m going to the Nintendo show with eb.
Fri 13/07/01 at 00:46
Regular
turbo nutter...top poster from last 30 days

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.