GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good things come in small packages"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
Nintendo are big so why do they create so small? Come on there must be something wrong if Microsoft can makes something so big only Bill Gates himself can fit it in his mansion come on look at the reacent and still to be released Nintendo stuff.

The GBA it is bigger than the GBC but you could of fooled me it is so tiny but look at the carts! I'm afraid i will lose it in my pocket and as Will Smith once said "can you hold this i'm afraid i might break it".

Look at the Gamecube! About the same size of 10 stacked up CD's, that is about the same size of my alarm clock! Nintendo like portable stuff especially with the handle but a home console that doesn't even come close to the huge size of the PS2 and X-box.

It is taller (only a bit) I know but it is still tiny. And don't say it is because of DVD the Gamecube DVD is just a little taller than the Gamecube! Proof Bigger isn't better and ood things come in small packages!

Is something this small capable of doing something so good, of course it is! And what effect does this have on the individual sales well the Japs love small things that is why they have already (basically) rejected the X-box!

I can no longer wait for the GC but when I get it
I will be worried i'm going to lose it in my pile of games and magazines.

Here's to a future of small things.

Dringo
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
Nintendo are big so why do they create so small? Come on there must be something wrong if Microsoft can makes something so big only Bill Gates himself can fit it in his mansion come on look at the reacent and still to be released Nintendo stuff.

The GBA it is bigger than the GBC but you could of fooled me it is so tiny but look at the carts! I'm afraid i will lose it in my pocket and as Will Smith once said "can you hold this i'm afraid i might break it".

Look at the Gamecube! About the same size of 10 stacked up CD's, that is about the same size of my alarm clock! Nintendo like portable stuff especially with the handle but a home console that doesn't even come close to the huge size of the PS2 and X-box.

It is taller (only a bit) I know but it is still tiny. And don't say it is because of DVD the Gamecube DVD is just a little taller than the Gamecube! Proof Bigger isn't better and ood things come in small packages!

Is something this small capable of doing something so good, of course it is! And what effect does this have on the individual sales well the Japs love small things that is why they have already (basically) rejected the X-box!

I can no longer wait for the GC but when I get it
I will be worried i'm going to lose it in my pile of games and magazines.

Here's to a future of small things.

Dringo
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:17
That Will Smith quote is perfect for the GBA - its's tiny, but its power will knock you off your feet.
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:19
Sorry, that was unclear if you havent watched MIB. The little thing is a tiny gun with a massive kickback.
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
yeah small may look good and compared to the PS2 and X-Box it is quite smaller, but they have made a sacrifice to do this. Using the smaller optical disks with less storage space than a normal DVD they could be making a mistake.
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:22
Regular
considering mario64 was only 32MB i'm sure nintendo will have no problem fitting large games on a 1500MB disc.
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:23
Regular
optical disc = less space, virtually non existant loading times, is still absolutley massive and few developers could fill it anyway, helps prevent pirecy, are cheaper!

I'm sticking with optical discs!
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh for God's sake, for the last time: THE GAMECUBE HAS NO MORE GRAPHICAL POWER THAN THE PS2!!!!!!!
Regular
Nintendo aint stupid, they aint gonna make the same mistakes they made with using the cart system.
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Or†ega wrote:
> considering mario64 was only 32MB i'm sure nintendo will have no
> problem fitting large games on a 1500MB disc.

Yeah but compare the graphics to games we have now. They will probably do really well but maybe there games wont be as complete as they would like.
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:26
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh for God's sake, for the last time: THE GAMECUBE HAS NO MORE
> GRAPHICAL POWER THAN THE PS2!!!!!!!

who said it did?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.