GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The meaning of life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 00:50
Regular
Does anyone know the meaning of life?
I'm sat here at ten to one, pretty bored. My brain needs stimulation. Anyone?
Thu 12/07/01 at 12:25
Regular
pb wrote:
> visions of the moon landing.

It was faked.

In my opinion....
Thu 12/07/01 at 12:22
"possibly impossible"
Goatboy wrote:
> The meaning of life?

There isn't one, a bunch of chemical
> reactions and electrical impulses.

"Intelligence" has
> provided us with the arrogance that we matter as a species, when we
> don't.

No different to rocks or trees, we just exist.
I don't
> see apes sitting about wondering what it's all for, they swing
> about, eat stuff and mate.

Interesting then, that the very emotions that you say are merely electrical impulses, can produce such thoughts.

A flower is merely a plant, a bunch of chemicals and tissue, but it can produce such great emotions. Yes, emotions are triggered by impulses in the brain, but only a fool would ignore their significance. It's like saying that television programs are a mere series of 3 coloured dots, and therefore are all the same. So Eastenders means nothing but a pattern on a screen, nor does the visions of the moon landing.

It's easier to break things down into simple concepts to explain them, THAT is human nature. Understanding what is beyond this is the real gift.
Thu 12/07/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Nobody knows, people have been studying it for years and years, I believe we are all here to do something with our lives and to do the best we can. We will all have different opinions on this but I guess there is no right answer.
Thu 12/07/01 at 11:08
Regular
Life is a piece of graph paper.

Each experience you have fills in one square on the paper.

The aim in life is to fill in as many sqaure as possible.
Thu 12/07/01 at 11:07
"High polygon count"
No-one in my family follows religion, but my dad did once come up with an interesting angle...

*IF* there is indeed a heaven, where everything is so peaceful and perfect, then - with all the suffering and 'evil' in this world, how do we know that we aren't already in hell?
Thu 12/07/01 at 09:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No goddamit!

I am full of righteous purpose and fury ,and you must all accept my way as the only true way through life.

*phew* Sorry, got confused there for a moment and thought it mattered.

I'm sticking with my monkey theory, sounds appealing
Thu 12/07/01 at 09:41
Regular
"not dead"
Whether life has a meaning or not, I don't really care.

I'm only here for the pursuit of personal happiness.

If you think you have to solve all of the worlds problems, go ahead, just leave me here to be happy.
Thu 12/07/01 at 09:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The meaning of life?

There isn't one, a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical impulses.

"Intelligence" has provided us with the arrogance that we matter as a species, when we don't.

No different to rocks or trees, we just exist.
I don't see apes sitting about wondering what it's all for, they swing about, eat stuff and mate.

Now THAT is the life my friends, I personally believe we're evolving into apes, not the other way round.

Think about it, we worry about jobs, money, homes, prospects etc.
Apes wake up, scratch themselves, eat something. Maybe they get hold of Mrs Ape ,maybe they just sit in a tree all day.

Now I ask you, who has a better grip on life?
Thu 12/07/01 at 08:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bewarethetoadsoffate wrote:
> Destruction causes life. The Big Bang, for example. Biggest
> explosion EVER, and it created everything.

The Big Bang is a load of bullcrap.

Explain to me where The Big Bang came from?? What came before that??

Only then will I believe in the Big Bang.
Thu 12/07/01 at 07:56
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
The meaning of life is..............me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.