GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The meaning of life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 00:50
Regular
Does anyone know the meaning of life?
I'm sat here at ten to one, pretty bored. My brain needs stimulation. Anyone?
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:33
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
meaning of life......... well its a toss up between well i dont know.. ask god or somthing
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:23
Life is actually a mistake. When the Big Bang occured, there was more matter than anti-matter left over, as the matter obviously lasted longer as it actually existed.

In theory, they should have cancelled each other out, creating a vacuum of light.
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
pb wrote:
> I agree, I was highlighting the point that there are (at least) two
> schools of thought on the idea, and a looping universe gets around
> the fact that the scientists would then have to find out where the
> big bang came from, without refering to God. Difficult.

My
> personal belief is that God created the universe as a Sims type of
> game, but got a bit carried away.

Note: Humour.

But I do
> believe that God created the universe, although I can't explain it.

Yep, completely agree.

I don't think we'll ever find out how we were created until we die, and I get to ask God.

Hey pb-when did you become a Christian??
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Armitage Shanks wrote:
> Ant wrote:

The Big Bang is a load of bullcrap.

Explain to
> me
> where The Big Bang came from?? What came before
> that??

Only then
> will I believe in the Big Bang.

What
> did happen at the start Ant?

Well, I'm a Christian.

Perhaps the Big Bang did happen-but God created it.
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The meaning of life is to be happy. Achieve this, and you can achieve anything, but ask yourself this: If you can achieve happiness, what else do you want?
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:19
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The meaning of life?

I've said this before.

We exist to face a challenge. Those who recognise this enjoy life regardless of the difficulties it throws at them. Those who wait for life to come to them will never enjoy their life.

A lot of this boils down to attitude. It's too easy to blame others or take some cop out through some excuse.

If you are bored then you have three options:
1. escapism. Watch a film or do something you enjoy.
2. acheivement. Build, learn, make or clean something.
3. catch up. Take care of those routine things.
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Darkness_2K wrote:

SCIENTISTS know nothing!

The big ang
> is unexplainable.

Tell me how, theres no time, no space, NOTHING
> EXISTS, then all of a sudden theres loads of particles to react with
> each other and explode! How?

GOD is more SCIENTIFICALLY possible
> than the Big Bang!

The universe goes in cycles of creation>destruction>creation>destruction etc The destruction causes creation. Our minds are also unable to imagine nothingness, so don't try and claim that it can't have happened just because our minds don't have the ability to contemplate it.

The most annoying thigs is the people who assume that because Scientists don't know something they know nothing - you know, the classic "They can't even cure teh common cold".

HOW STUPID IS THAT? We can sit thousands of miles away from each other and communicate through wires on computers more powerful than those that launched the first Moon mission. Humans live for longer than ever due to the wonderful increases in medicine and events on the other side of the world can be on a box in the corner of my climate controlled living room in seconds. We can travel around the world in a matter of hours and send ships to take pictures and land on other planets in our solar system.

Yeah - what did science ever do for us?
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:10
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
If god is real, then who made god?

God doesn't exist as far as i'm concerned, we are just life forms that evolved from bacteria over millions of years. Watch a few scientific programmes and it all makes sense.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:02
Regular
"The universe was sneezed out of the noise of a beast called the Great Green Arkleseizure. We should dread the time of the Coming Of The Great White Handerkerchief."

Not quite word for word, but you should know what i mean.

:-)
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Back in black"
The meaning of life is spud guns. We are all spuds, waiting to be shot out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.