GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lara Croft: Tombraider- Another crap movie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 23:44
Regular
Is tombraider the biggest movie failure ever or di you like it? hmmmmm i gave it 4/10. Is the matrix better? By the way tombraider the movie cost $80,000,000 to make!!!!!!
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:16
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
But Dr Doolittle 2's great! It's got Steve Erwin in it! Narr just playin' ya foo'! Your probably right for wanting to hit anyone who goes to watch that!
Mon 23/07/01 at 10:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fair point.
And I'll do the same for anyone that goes to watch Dr Doolittle 2
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:31
Loads of people liked it, it's just that Goatboy is beheading them one by one so they tend not to post much.

lol
:)
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:14
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Am I the only person who thought that this film was quite enjoyable?

From all the reviews n stuff that i've seen about this film most people expected some crappy Tron type plot where some woman gets sucked into the game and that's how she came about. I think the film developers did the film the right way and made the film out to be a film, not trying to put across the fact that this film was based on a video games character. This film had good action sequences and i didn't think the plot was that bad. I felt that Angelina did a good job as portraying the lovely Lady Croft and this only added to the greatness of this film.

Compared to other films based on video games in the past I think that Tomb Raider stands out. Mario brothers was pretty pants, and the Streetfighter film could have been done a LOT better. The Mortal Kombat films on the other hand i thought were pretty good! But I think that Tomb Raider has done a good thing and shown that some video games can be made into reasonably good films.

From what i've heard, the Final Fantasy movie's surposed to be a bit naff, but going by what the critics said about the Tomb Raider movie i think it'll probably turn out to be tops as well!

Also in the pipeline is the Resident Evil movie. Surposedly the film makers have gone away from the plot of the games, which personally think is a bad idea, because it was the plots of the games that drew me in, and made the games soo great.

Anyway that enough of a rant so i'll leave you with this comment to anyone who hasn't seen the Tomb Raider movie:-
GO AND SEE IT, IT's GREAT! :)

Cooky
Fri 20/07/01 at 08:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You don't do The Sun film reviews do you?
Thu 19/07/01 at 21:47
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Look Tomb Raider could have been better yes but it was quite a good film. The story was an unusual one, the special effects and stunts were pretty good and the fight scenes were fun to watch (even if there werent enough of them). At the end of the day all male Angelina Jolie lovers got what they came for - Angelina Jolie running... So if you are not female don't complain because I know you enjoyed it.
Thu 19/07/01 at 17:58
In response to the original post, the Tomb Raider movie doesn't seem to be a flop, as it is sitting in the number one spot of the movie chart, although to be honest, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I haven't actually seen the film yet, so I won't go on saying how pants I think it is, just how everybody else does.

Having read a lot of magazines lately as well as The Sun, most, if not all, have said that it wasn't that good. A lot have said that it is another movie licence (from a game) and another disappointing mess with some fight scenes and the hope that nobody will realise that its pants.
Some magazines have described the Tomb Raider movie as cold, despite some good scenes involving bungee jumping and the motorbike. The papers and magazines have also described the plot as being full of holes, and some really stupid dialogue.

There was a lot of hype over this film. People were seeing this as the movie that could finally end the curse of 'games to movies'. But it doesn't seem that way does it. Pity really.

Can anyone actually remember a good film that was based on a game? To be honest, I can't think of any. I though some of the fight scenes in Mortal Kombat were OK, but thats only because I like Martial Arts, the films on a whole weren't good at all. I bet there are some of you out there thinking of Super Mario Brothers. I hope not.

What about the future for films based on games? Can it get any better? Possibly. There is Resident Evil, but I am not holding my breath for that. What else is there? Perfect Dark. This could end up taking on James Bond, where it most likely lose, as there are literally millions of Bond fans (I am one of them).

I do hope we get a good one soon, because it just seems that it is impossible to make a good film out of a game.
Wed 18/07/01 at 18:29
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You have an obsession with the word 'Vacuous' don't you? Go-on, admit it...ADMIT IT DAMN IT!
Wed 18/07/01 at 14:50
Regular
Bewarethetoadsoffate wrote:
And yes, it is vacous.

Not it's not, it's "Vacuous".
Wed 18/07/01 at 14:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I haven't sen The General's Daughter, but I enjoyed Con Air.

I watched it and found myself gritting my teeth.
Malkovich was cool, Steve Buscemi was cool, Cage is rapidly turning into Bruce Willis and needs to get back with The Coens or David Lynch to regain his cred.

The premise of the film was amusing, but I just think that West is a hack of the worst order.
Purely from a cinematic point, he has no damn idea on how to shoot action. (Incidentally, most of the action shots in this and Tomb Raider were handled by the 2nd Unit Director, as the studio were unhappy about his material and he's been asked to not reprise duties on Tomb Raider 2.)

At a test screening, West stormed out of the cinema screaming "Those funning editors have ruined my movie" when the score cards came back with consistently bad reports with enough walk outs to merit an increase in budgeting for the Superbowl Weekend.

They realised they had a turkey, and instead of using that money for reshoots or re-editing, they went balls out to hit the release date.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.