GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh gaud, not a nuvver blinkin VOTE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/07/01 at 19:30
Regular
I'm sorry. I know you already work hard for us.

But please choose for this crucial, possible, eventual name change:

Should we be:

1 SpecialReserve.net
2 SpecialDirect.com
3 RedSplat.com
4 SRDN.com (Special Reserve Discount Network)

There can only be one.

Note that we don't own SpecialReserve.com (it's in USA hands) and we don't own SpecialReserve.co.uk as it was registered by the bloke who runs Computer Exchange to stop us getting it.
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:47
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I don't seem to have much time for the net at home - weekdays before 6 are out of the question till we change ISP, and evenings I tend not to be in much. Weekends are okay though, but I'm only allowed on a bit seeing as we've got metered access.

If we get surftime or something, I'll be on more often, but seeing as I'm the only person in my family that uses the net much, my parents are reluctant to pay for it...
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:31
Regular
Venom, where the hell have you been?

Don't say it's because your modem is so slow... :0) We all have to live with it too.

Well, most of us.
Sun 08/07/01 at 14:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
turbonutter wrote:
> You know, I'm sure you can do something about that bloke from
> Computer Exchange.

The guy who originally registered fcuk (French Connection UK) lost that domain name in a court case, so it might be possible to get it back - or it would at least be a good idea to check the details of that case further.
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:47
"Uzi Lover"
SRDN.com

Short and simple, also very stylish! hehe
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> Well fair enough Turbonutter.

So Tony when does the compos close-
> monday the 8th of july or monday the 9th of july??

Hmm - depends. I'll take a look at it tonight.
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Back in black"
Well fair enough Turbonutter.

So Tony when does the compos close- monday the 8th of july or monday the 9th of july??
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I disagree (again!)

They are called "Special schools" and "Special children" because that's the politically correct name for them. If you were going to set up a cable TV channel for disabled kids then the obvious name would be Special Network.

I'm not saying everything with "Special" in it is for disabled kids but just that the particular combination of special and network make it sound like a cable TV channel.
Sat 07/07/01 at 15:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> Special reverse?

Very clever!
Sat 07/07/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Back in black"
Turbo nutter- your view on special network is nasty. In that case anything with the word 'special' in it is going to sound like a disabled childrens show.

Special reverse?
Sat 07/07/01 at 15:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Shut it vottanator. At least we're human.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.