GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh gaud, not a nuvver blinkin VOTE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/07/01 at 19:30
Regular
I'm sorry. I know you already work hard for us.

But please choose for this crucial, possible, eventual name change:

Should we be:

1 SpecialReserve.net
2 SpecialDirect.com
3 RedSplat.com
4 SRDN.com (Special Reserve Discount Network)

There can only be one.

Note that we don't own SpecialReserve.com (it's in USA hands) and we don't own SpecialReserve.co.uk as it was registered by the bloke who runs Computer Exchange to stop us getting it.
Wed 18/07/01 at 17:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
1. Specialdirect
2. Specialreserve
3.SRDN
4. The other one.
Wed 18/07/01 at 17:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
How about EspeciallyReserved.com?

Just kidding!
Wed 11/07/01 at 15:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> I reckon your better off being specialreserve.net , because that's
> what we're all used to.

----------

Except change ny .net's and .co.uk's to .com's because I entered an address as http://www.gameaday.com, because all your other pages end in .com except for a few and that confuses me.
Wed 11/07/01 at 15:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tony wrote:
Potential investors just don't
> like Special Reserve

I don't see why.
Sure, the company name plays a part in whether it's viable to invest, but surely the actual business turnover is what matters?

I've been coming to SR since you were in the little corner office in Sawbo, Amiga games on metal shelves and seen it grow so I don't doubt that your turnover is sufficient to warrant investors?

Red Splat..I personally dont like that, but I'm just a poster on the forums.

Special Reserve...it's just clinging onto history maybe but I like it.
But then, I ain't looking to invest.
Wed 11/07/01 at 15:26
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I reckon your better off being specialreserve.net , because that's what we're all used to.
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:22
Sony PS2 and PS1 Forum

The thread named

EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (July Caption)
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:15
Good slogans over where????
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Wow, there are some good slogans over there.
Tue 10/07/01 at 22:32
SpecialReserve.net

Special Reserve has built up a brand name over the years, and i reckon changing to SpecialDirect on the website will lose the recognition it has built up, as some people who don't pay attention won't know that they are the same thing
Tue 10/07/01 at 22:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Goatboy wrote:
> It gives me a warm feeling to see that the posters are allowed to have a say in the name of the website.

It's not so much a "say" more some "infleunce". Initial resistence to SpecialDirect.com is waning among the staff and managers, with people coming around to liking the name, especially now that we have a couple of logos worked up.

I personally think Red Splat is nothing without the splat, which you can't always use. Potential investors just don't like Special Reserve. They can't connnect to it at all. SRDN does not work in the logo and you always have to say what it stands for.

(trots off again to the Sony forum to see how the catch-phrases are getting on).

I'll put up a Special Direct logo to show you in a few days time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.