GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess whos got DRIV3R"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
Me.

Ner ner.

:P
Tue 22/06/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, it just feels like the previous Driver games, but with some pretty fun on-foot shooty bits.

Question: Has anyone got the grenade launcher yet? I have quite a few weapons now, but I'm still lacking the most important one.

:)
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im going to give it a chance. Read somewhere that it is more of the same as the previous Drivers which is good enough for me
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't care what review scores the game got, I still really like it. I love cars, I love car chases, so I love Driver 3. It isn't as instantly accessable as GTA, but it's still an awful lot of fun. But it certainly isn't one of the poorest attempts at a game in a long time, as someone said, it has some of the best car and damage physics out there.
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:45
"period drama"
And San Andreas will be worse than VC, which is worse than GTA3.
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Driv3r will be no where near as good as GTA: San Andreas
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It plays ok, the on foot sections are poor and at times the vehicles handle a bit over the top but most of it is entertaining enough to keep you busy.

Its a fun game, not as good as the likes of gta in terms of gameplay though.
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Just played it

Aint as bad as everyone makes out, graphics are great, the gameplay is amazing the cars handle just like then other games. The director feature in the game is one of the best bits...you can set up cameras to catch the action, you can put cameras on rooftops and bridges

Missions aint the greatest, but i aint complaining
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yeah same here. Renting it out over the weekend, still willing to give it a chance
Tue 22/06/04 at 18:07
Regular
Im going to rent it out tonight, might buy it but I have heard from many places that it is not good. Soon find out...
Tue 22/06/04 at 15:30
Regular
You have seen it get 9/10 in complete jack ass PS2 magazines who wouldn't know a decent game if it ruffled their c*ck.

Gamespot - 5.4
IGN - 5.5

My original thought still stands, they have tried to keep the same formula with piece poor AI, very simplistic levels - which don't get me wrong worked on the PSONE - now however they are seriously out of their depth, they haven't even done a decent job with utilising modern technology by all accounts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.