GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my best mate has defected ( dam you Xbox)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.