GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my best mate has defected ( dam you Xbox)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
Halo's good, but nothing on what it's supposed to be. I could never understand why people thought it was so great.
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Halo amazes me, and I love it.

You're clearly wrong ;)
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That, was like, like 3 years ago maaan, when I was like, even more stupid than now.
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Still, you said it was "average", when not only is it not, but you actually rated it as 8/10 which I certainly don't call average. :-P

I understand what you mean, though, and I agree to some extent, Halo is widely overrated.
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's a game that's simply refined the good features of FPS, and yet totally forgotten to add anything remotely resembling atmosphere and differing textures! Single player. No. Multiplayer? Fun, if you have enough people, which is highly unlikely. Co-op? Best thing about it, but that's hardly revolutionary.
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Halo is one of the few games I'd only sell if I sold my Xbox.

The others are:

Project Gotham Racing 2
Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Sun 20/06/04 at 13:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cyclone wrote:
> What is revolutionary, special, amazing etc, about it?

There is very little revolutionary about the game. It just does everything that past Shoot Em Ups have lined up to the best of its ability, the best it can be done. Its only when you go and visit all other shooting titles bar two or three that you realise how good Halo has been made. Sure, the single player isn't what some people make it out to be, but its still bloody good fun, and the added co-op adventure is like a whole new realm of entertainment.

Like Matt said, definitely amongst the "Elite" Xbox and Shoot-em-up titles. Certainly not average.
Sun 20/06/04 at 12:53
Regular
"tokyo police club"
My mates miught have X-Boxes by then, which makes me happy and sad, simultaneously. It means we could have co-op online (if possible), but it also takes away from some of teh atmosphere of passing a pad around for your mates to have a go, and laughing as you see a hunter sneak up behind them.

It's the end of an era :(
Sun 20/06/04 at 12:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I will too - the bad weather will make me feel less guilty.
Sun 20/06/04 at 12:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
With Halo 2, I will be getting my mates around straight away, and I'm going to try and block out as many reviews, playtests and impressions as possible, just so I can go 'FECK, THAT'S AMAZING' upon the first play.

But you can bet that I'll spend most of the festive season on that game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.