GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my best mate has defected ( dam you Xbox)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...
Sat 26/06/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
They come, They quote (mindlessly), they leave...
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:48
Regular
Ofcourse, if that noob understood what maturity was, he'd understand why a lot of female gamers I come across my age prefer the more friendly games to the blood and shooting games.
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
GamesMaster Daz wrote:
> I see where your mates coming from, but in the end it's his life, if
> he preferes more mature games, let him go, if he doesn't like a
> childish company (lets be honest) using the likes of Resident Evil,
> and dragging them down in a pit and losing Capcom money, let him go.
> It's simple really! "If everyone liked the same thing, the world
> would be a boring place"

Thanks for enlightening me on this very philosophical subject! *raises one eye brow*
Sat 26/06/04 at 13:06
Regular
I see where your mates coming from, but in the end it's his life, if he preferes more mature games, let him go, if he doesn't like a childish company (lets be honest) using the likes of Resident Evil, and dragging them down in a pit and losing Capcom money, let him go. It's simple really! "If everyone liked the same thing, the world would be a boring place"
Tue 22/06/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Mattributé wrote:
> Entice him back withe the £40 cube offer in Index.

Made him completely an utterly gutted today! Ive been telling him about the new zelda and how quality it was but he kept saying the windwaker was poor and this will probbably be too, once aganin saying he didnt care because of HAlo 2.

So at lunch i bought the latest nintendo official and showed him the trailler on the cd rom! He now says hes going to buy a cube just for it! ;-) I win! Thanx nintendo for creating such a masterpeice and we havent even got a name for it yet!
Tue 22/06/04 at 10:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Entice him back withe the £40 cube offer in Index.
Tue 22/06/04 at 09:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Strafio wrote:
> > I left one of them alone in the room with Pikmin for 15 minutes.
>
>
>
>
>
> now I hear he's wanting more...
>
>

It's so funny how people actually play the games and love them. It's unstoppable!
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:57
Regular
Personally, I think Halo is the best next gen FPS so far.
And the Xbox sounds like it's got some good games, but I wouldn't choose them over Nintendo's...

If I was a little richer, I would own both. :-)

Anysway, who cares if your friends have snubbed the Gamecube.
Yeah, it sucks losing gaming partners because you don't get your fix of multiplayer (the solution to this is to master Halo and whup their assses on it! That'll show 'em who's boss. It worked for me! ;-)).

But at the end of the day, if they feel so insecure that they have to play "grown ups" games so they can feel like "grown ups" than that's their psychological problem, not your problem.

YOUR problem is giving a toss over which game they want to play! ;-P
Mon 21/06/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Strafio wrote:
>Pringle, I'm sort of in the same situation.
>My N64 friends (whom I used to spend endless hours play Goldeneye, >Perfect Dark, Smash Brothers, Mario Tennis and WWF No Mercy with) also >chose an Xbox. In some ways it's good because it meant I get to play >Halo with them (when repetitive level design in single player is the >only flaw, you know the multiplayer must be great), but it's also bad >because they suck at Gamecube games.

>Infact, I don't mind that they've gotten an Xbox, but it's made them >snobbish over Gamecube titles, when it's the exact sort of games they >used to love on the N64 (and they still play on their GBA's).

>But they can be turned.

Seems like loyal ninty fans world wide are having the exact same problem. My mates slagged off mario kart and Sunshine and I was like But these are just evolved forms of mario 64 and kart 64 and we use to love playing them all day long!

I thought the only reason why Halo shined so much was because at the time of its release every other game on Xbox was pretty dam sh!te...
Sun 20/06/04 at 23:13
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:

> The Single player is quite dire though. It's extremely repetitive,
> quite bland, and certainly not as good as it's made out to be. And
> very unrewarding as well. I spent ages with a mate playing the last
> level on legendary, and the reward we got was an extended cutscene
> involving man/alien lovage.

It's not so bad. What's there is good, just over repeated.
And even then it's not so much bad as mediocre, which only stands out because the rest of the game is so good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.