GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my best mate has defected ( dam you Xbox)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I have been best mates with him for four years and this is party because of our identicle passions for nintendo and gaming.
When we first met each other in year 8 we both had n64s and gameboys and this immediately gave us something in common. When the gamecube came out we both bought one and loved playing great titles such as SSBM, Resident evil and mario sunshine, all of which we competed with each other to complete first.
Over the last year or so he reckons he has been greatly dissapointed with nintendo as he has grown older and beleived that titles such as windwaker, f zero and mario kart were just too short and didnt have enough lastability which i do agree with. However he has now taken his gamecube back along with all his games and traded them in for an xbox which he reckons is twice as good for the sole purpose of having Halo and Halo 2. Ive tried convincing him that Xbox has a distinct lack of good games and most are all just repetetive rubbish but he just throws the Halo and HAlo two thing at me again.

I feel really dissapointed in him as he was a loyal nintendo fan that has been misguided by the dammed media for portraying nintendo as a childish company and the other two consoels as being for more mature gamers.

in all honesty I think some of what he has said is true as Nintendo havent had a really groundbreaking title on this console which has remained untouchable in my collection. Nothing has had any real lastability as they can only be completed once or twice before coming really tiresome. But i refuse to leave nintendo and i will never buy an xbox!

Somebody comfort me through these hard times and tell me everything is going to be alrite!i hope halo 2 burns in hell...
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Comfort you?

*rubs eyes*

Comfort you?

He's sold his Gamecube, its not the end of the world.

I have both a 'Cube and an Xbox and enjoy useage of them both, along with the occasional dabble in PS2 when my brother is home. If it was four years ago you'll be in sixth form by now anyway, so I expect that you might not be spending quite as much time together playing games as you would have used to (though that is a mere guess).

Meh. If you really feel like comforting yourself just go and watch the new Zelda in motion again. Honestly, looks better everytime I lay my eyes on it.
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
He's an idiot to lose his GC and clever to get an Xbox.

Both consoles are marvellous.
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:44
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ashman wrote:
> Comfort you?
>
> *rubs eyes*
>
> Comfort you?
>
> He's sold his Gamecube, its not the end of the world.
>
> I have both a 'Cube and an Xbox and enjoy useage of them both, along
> with the occasional dabble in PS2 when my brother is home. If it was
> four years ago you'll be in sixth form by now anyway, so I expect
> that you might not be spending quite as much time together playing
> games as you would have used to (though that is a mere guess).
>
> Meh. If you really feel like comforting yourself just go and watch
> the new Zelda in motion again. Honestly, looks better everytime I lay
> my eyes on it.

I dont need comforting really. that was just a little joke ill tell you that next time.

But yeah im in lower 6th and it still annoys me as we had a proper debate about it and i clearly won beacause at the end of the convo he just said yeah but Xbox has the two best games ever made (halo and halo 2) and thats all that matters!

im so annoyed that loyal ninty fans are dropping like flies! I hope The new zelda blows the gaming world of its feet.

But it is true about nintendos distinct lack of lasting quality titles, all you have to do is look at the nintendo europe opening page and see that there biggest item of news is pokemon collesium! most people have already completed it and taken it back!

Nintendos really got to come out with a decent title every month or two rather than every 5 months...
Sun 20/06/04 at 00:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
He's also an idiot for saying that Halo 2 is the best game ever when he hasn't even touched it.
Sun 20/06/04 at 01:02
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Ashman wrote:
> He's also an idiot for saying that Halo 2 is the best game ever when
> he hasn't even touched it.

he reckons that it will be as hes seen the in game footage of it and he reckons it looks so much better than the 1st one! The first one wanst even that good! Just an average shoot em up with limited weaponry and a few driveable vehicles...
Sun 20/06/04 at 10:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I know what you mean and feel, as stuff like this has happened to me - something you thought was set in stone with your mates gets broken, and it comes as a shock.

Just get another XBOX pad and enjoy Halo with him. You'll still have your GC, and when realistic Zelda, Mario tennis and Resi 4 come out, he'll have no other choice to come back, running
Sun 20/06/04 at 11:01
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Oh, and Halo is by no means average.
Sun 20/06/04 at 12:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It bloody well is.

What is revolutionary, special, amazing etc, about it?
Sun 20/06/04 at 12:41
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Single player, I found it to only be slightly above average. Co-op, however, is extremely special, and is why the game is part of my 'elite'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.