GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Tue 29/06/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are really good crashes on driv3r.

Also does anyone know where any big jumps are on it because my dad is bringing me the game on saturday and I already know how to get the go-kart.

Thanks.
Sun 04/07/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
How good is the PS2 version of Driver, graphics wise? I'm swapping my X-Box version for the PS2 version on Friday, so I'm just wondering how the two compare.
Thu 01/07/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Oh okay is there alot to see in the game then because I am going to get the go kart and speed around in cop chases in that hehe.

My dad is now coming home tomorrow so I can play it after college.

Well thanks anyway.

If I can't find the corkscrew can I ask you where it is then please.

P.s. is miami and nice already unlocked in free ride?

Thanks.
Thu 01/07/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Legendary Link wrote:
> i was playing this game and weird things started to happen, like
> shooting an enemy, then they dissapear, only to reapear and fall over
> when i had killed all enemies with the area.

Yea there's a lot of little niggly problems with Driver, that really should have been sorted before release. Initially the game looks fantastic, but when you look a little deeper it has quite a few problems.

I mean as an example, I was messing around in free ride as usual and I noticed that on almost all the buildings, the windows have the same reflection. Even though the reflection doesn't actually 'reflect' what's actually there. It's the same if you look at the side of a van, you'll notice there's a reflection of tall buildings, even though those buildings are non-existant.

As for finding more jumps, I have found a few and I found one corker in Nice, but I can't quite rember where it was. The best thing to do is just cruise around the cities and find the jumps for yourself, it won't be much fun if I tell you where they all are.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:56
Regular
i was playing this game and weird things started to happen, like shooting an enemy, then they dissapear, only to reapear and fall over when i had killed all enemies with the area.
Then i was on the same mission in a driving section, had to get out of the car for some reason, an ememy car pulled up, i killed the 2 people in it, they did this disapearing reapearing at then the game froze.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea lou role have you come across any big ramps yet?
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
down wrote:
> I'm on a pretty hard mission, I have to collect three cars and drive
> them into the back of the lorry but its still moving. Its really hard
> to line up the cars so they dont hit the edges of the lorry.

At first I thought that mission was pretty difficult. The first time I did it I was nowhere near the time limit. The best thing you can do is try and ensure you steal bikes all the time to get you around quicker. Then once you've got your car head for the truck and just wait until it gets to a short straight, then floor it up the ramp. Do that with the other 2 cars and you should be fine.

I've only got three more missions to do and I'll be finished the game, however I'm getting a little bored of free ride mode now so I think I'll be back to GTA shortly.
Thu 01/07/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Are there any really big jumps on this and if so where?

Thanks
Wed 30/06/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Has anyone else got any good jump locations?

Thanks.
Wed 30/06/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Oh what aren't you aloud to get the cars damaged on it then?
Wed 30/06/04 at 14:12
I'm on a pretty hard mission, I have to collect three cars and drive them into the back of the lorry but its still moving. Its really hard to line up the cars so they dont hit the edges of the lorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.