GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For god sake..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 17:38
Regular
": ("
Right, I've had a fine week until today and heres why...

Today I recieved my GBA SP with one game, when I opened it I found that the GBA SP had some really big scratched on the cover of it. The guy told me that the GBA Box was a little tired (bit bashed up) but he said nothing about the GBA SP being scratched like hell.

So thats one thing that annoyed me, the other thing was the game. I specifically asked for the Mario game (He had about 6 games that I could choose from to have with my GBA) and I got Pokemon Ruby!

I used to have this game and I completed it so im not happy to have the game again. So now i've e-mailed him saying that if he doesn't come up with a solution then i'll give him Negative Feedback (and he has 100% feedback so that'll really ruin his business he has on Ebay).

I cant beleive this is happening, the guy has his own Website and everything!
I think he should send me Mario and let me keep Pokemon too, but then i've still got the ugly GBA SP with a milliopn scratches on it.

What do you guys think I should do?
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:38
Regular
Right, I've had a fine week until today and heres why...

Today I recieved my GBA SP with one game, when I opened it I found that the GBA SP had some really big scratched on the cover of it. The guy told me that the GBA Box was a little tired (bit bashed up) but he said nothing about the GBA SP being scratched like hell.

So thats one thing that annoyed me, the other thing was the game. I specifically asked for the Mario game (He had about 6 games that I could choose from to have with my GBA) and I got Pokemon Ruby!

I used to have this game and I completed it so im not happy to have the game again. So now i've e-mailed him saying that if he doesn't come up with a solution then i'll give him Negative Feedback (and he has 100% feedback so that'll really ruin his business he has on Ebay).

I cant beleive this is happening, the guy has his own Website and everything!
I think he should send me Mario and let me keep Pokemon too, but then i've still got the ugly GBA SP with a milliopn scratches on it.

What do you guys think I should do?
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:41
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Stridman wrote:
> What do you guys think I should do?

Quit moaning and be happy that you had the money to get an SP.

I don't.

Some people don't have teh money to EAT.

Donate your SP to oxfam, and be done with it.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:43
Regular
I don't think 1 negative feedback is going to ruin his business...
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:50
Regular
Stridman wrote:

Simple. Don't be a tight ar*e and by things brand new in the future.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:53
Regular
Well, I think he'd rather have 100% than any lower.

Matt, my parents already give money to loads of charities so I dont think i'll be doing that.

Does anyone have a sensible answer?
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:54
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Stridman wrote:
>
> Simple. Don't be a tight ar*e and by things brand new in the future.

I asked a question, I didn't want everyone lashing out on me as if I've done something wrong. Are you saying you've never bought anything second hand?

Cant someone just tell me what I should do.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:56
Regular
What do you want us to do?!

You can either complain to him, or shut up and accept the consequences of the risk-fest that is eBay.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:57
Regular
Theres not alot you can do with ebay. You'll just have to email the guy and sort something out between one another. Ebay themselves don't take any responsibility and therefore do begger all.

You could perhaps re-sell it yourself.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:57
Regular
He should replace it....if not then you're busted.

Order everyone to boycott his Ebay auctions and put a pox on his family.
Tue 29/06/04 at 18:12
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Theres not alot you can do with ebay. You'll just have to email the
> guy and sort something out between one another. Ebay themselves don't
> take any responsibility and therefore do begger all.
>
> You could perhaps re-sell it yourself.

Heh, if you could see how scratched this GBA SP is then im sure you wouldn't suggest that option. :D

I've e-mailed the guy and hes replied, hes okay with it and has told me to send the item back and he'll do a full refund.

He also admited that he forgot to mention the scratches so its his fault.

Now im gonna have to find myself another GBA SP, im not sure whether I should get one now...

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.