GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL HALO 2 THREAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 03/07/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Sorry but i'm p***ed off at Halo 2 littering the Xbox forum. So i'm making yet another one (sorry) which will be used for everything Halo 2 related such as:

Halo 2 Questions
Any Halo 2 Links
General Halo 2 chat
Your Opinions on the game
You can even set up Xbox Live games with people when the game hits the shelves (whooppee)

And I will post any and all current info on Halo 2

P.S. Please use this as the main HALO 2 TOPIC forum so hundreds of 'halo' thread don't clog up the, erm 'wonderful' Xbox forum

Danke
Page:
Sat 03/07/04 at 22:23
Regular
"A.k.a. Anonymous"
Can't find that countdown anywhere Anon...it's pointless anyway
Sat 03/07/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Aoe...you still got that countdown screensaver for Halo2
Sat 03/07/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Insert Gently"
You do know what a countdown is don't you...for the release date
Sat 03/07/04 at 18:03
Regular
"A.k.a. Anonymous"
A countdown
Sat 03/07/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Has anyone got the countdown of Halo 2 as their screensaver...Aoe and Creepy have it i think but i can't find it anywhere
Sat 03/07/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Yeah i seen that video too...where you hijack the Ghost
Sat 03/07/04 at 14:24
Regular
"A.k.a. Anonymous"
Calm down chips

---------------------

Dual weapons look class, just seen some videos where the Master Cheif has an Uzi and one of those needlers but an rifle version one.

Looks amazing
Sat 03/07/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
OFFICIAL SHUT THE HELL UP POST.

When I'm annoyed with you, I will post all information here. Sorry, but I'm cheesed off with the fact that there are so many Anti-Halo 2 posts. We can all share mine.

Hurrah for mindless idiotic pap, you tart.
Sat 03/07/04 at 08:23
Regular
": ("
Halo 2 forum!
Sat 03/07/04 at 05:09
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Answer to Jay Sean...and few other FAQ's

When does Halo 2 come out?

It's official! Halo 2 will be released in the U.S. and Europe (U.K) on November 9th, 2004. Halo 2 should be available very soon after in other markets but exact dates are TBD.

I heard there were more than one version of the game coming out?

Halo 2 will come in two versions - the regular green plastic case you all know of, and the new extra special collector's edition. The collector's edition will cost slightly more and includes a limited edition metal box as well as a bonus DVD filled with cool stuff like the "making of Halo 2 documentary", behind the scenes footage, developer interviews and more. There are only a limited number of these being produced but anyone who pre-orders should more or less be guaranteed to get one. This offer will be subject to availability in your country (sounds good if available here)

What's new in Halo 2?

So far a ton of new features have been announced. For example, Halo 2 will offer new vehicles, destructible environments, new weapons, online play, improved AI and more.

There are a lot of surprises you'll have to discover for yourself by playing the game, but you can read the rest of this FAQ for more details about whats already confirmed. Keep in mind that Halo 2 is still a game in development and all of the information included herein is subject to change before the final release.

Will Halo 2 support the Xbox Live Communicator in online games?

Definitely.

Will Halo 2 support downloadable content?

Yes

Will flying vehicles be available in multiplayer games?

Yes

What new weapons will be available in Halo 2?

So far there have been a few new weapons revealed. The Battle Rifle is an evolved version of the original assault rifle and features increased accuracy, a scope, and a slower rate of fire. The SMG (Sub Machine Gun) is a rapid-fire gun that trades a high volume of bullets for decreased accuracy. We have also discussed the Covenant Carbine - an energy based sniper weapon. Also, as you now know, players will be able to wield the almightly Covenant energy sword.

Of course these are others...

What are the new Covenant races?

The Brute has been described as a cross between a gorilla and a rhino and will be a serious force to reckon with on the battlefield. The Prophets have been referred to as "giant space popes" and they provide the political, religious and spiritual leadership in the Covenant.

As for the others...

Will the Halo 2 environments be interactive?

Yes! This time around, the worlds of Halo 2 will feature destructible objects to add to the realism and strategy. Windows, columns and doors will shatter into pieces when they take damage. Enemy soldiers will be able to recognize these objects and strategically destroy them to make you an easier target. In addition, Master Chief will be able to shoot out lights and hide in the shadows when stealth makes more sense than confrontation.
(Splinter Cell meets Halo...COOL)

Will the Artificial Intelligence be improved over Halo?

Absolutely. The enemies in Halo were no slouches but this time around expect your opponents to be more cunning and tactical in their attempts to annihilate you. Covenant forces will use the environment to their advantage and make your job that much more difficult. You'll see the Covies scurrying under ledges, leaping over obstacles, and climbing up structures. They'll fluidly move with animal-like grace while talking and coordinating amongst their squads. They'll even use flashlights to hunt down MC in the darkness. It will take all of your wits and skills to overcome your adversaries this time around.

The Human forces will also be smarter this time around. They'll work better as a team and flip over objects to create cover. The Marines will also know how to call in support from a Warthog or point out an enemy sniper for an ally to take down.

How has Master Chief changed?

Chief is using all new armor (MJOLNIR Mark VI Armor) this time around, so expect a few new upgrades and surprises!

What graphical improvements are being made over the original Halo?

Besides a pumped up bump-mapping system, Halo 2 will really shine due to the inclusion of a new advanced real-time lighting engine. Dramatic lighting and shadows will behave realistically and interact with characters and environments. We've also got a new subtle technique called "self shadowing" where every model in the game will cast shadows on itself as well as its surroundings.

Most new graphical effects are still in heavy development.

What was the Halo 2 Alpha test?

The Alpha test took place earlier this year and was a Microsoft internal-only networking test. Microsoft and Bungie employees played at home over Xbox Live to provide valuable data and insight into the games networking components.

What new multiplayer features have been confirmed so far?

Whew... where to begin? Here's a quick rundown of what was new at E3 this year:

* Each player can use an individual box in LAN games (up to 16 boxes)
* Players can join a game in progress
* If the game host leaves, the game will migrate to another host

* The host of a game can lock it, preventing anyone else from joining
* You can play as Spartans or Elites in multiplayer
* Player models can be customized with color schemes and emblems

* The handheld rocket launcher includes a target tracking feature when zoomed in an enemy vehicle, the reticule turns red and the rocket will home in on the target.

* The needler has received a fire-power upgrade from Halo 1 (it no longer just leaves a nasty skin rash)

* You can dual wield single-handed weapons
* The Covenant Energy Sword can be wielded by players!
* The Warthog and Ghost can both be boarded and are both fully destructible

* The Warthog in this case was equipped with a rocket launcher and also comes equipped with a horn (R trigger) as well as an e-brake (L trigger).
* The Ghost is equipped with a boost feature (L trigger) to zoom away at 2x the normal speed (but you can't shoot or steer as well)

* New map = Zanzibar
* Destructible fusion cores litter the map and will explode when shot (and kill nearby players)

* The defensive team has two stationary turrets at their disposal - but both can be blown up with a well placed shot(s)

* You have to hold down X to pick up the flag
* The map has tons of interactive and destructible objects: breakable windows, opening gates, lowering bridges, destructible columns and more..

Will Halo 2 support stats and clans on Xbox Live and Bungie.net?

Yes, Halo 2 is going to have clan and stat functionality over Xbox Live with a tie-in to Bungie.net. We're not ready to say anything more than that at the moment so you'll have to stay tuned.

How does dual wielding weapons work?

Currently, to dual wield, you simply approach a second weapon that is lying on the ground. You'll see the standard "press X to swap weapons" message appear in your HUD. However, if it's a one handed weapon, you will also see "Press and hold 'Y' to dual wield". If you do that, you will pick up the gun in your left hand. R-trigger fires the right weapon, L-trigger the left. You can't melee attack or throw grenades while dual wielding. You can stop dual wielding at any time by pressing melee attack (discards extra weapon) or by pressing Y to switch to your secondary weapon.

Courtesy of Bungie Studios
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.