GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL HALO 2 THREAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 03/07/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Sorry but i'm p***ed off at Halo 2 littering the Xbox forum. So i'm making yet another one (sorry) which will be used for everything Halo 2 related such as:

Halo 2 Questions
Any Halo 2 Links
General Halo 2 chat
Your Opinions on the game
You can even set up Xbox Live games with people when the game hits the shelves (whooppee)

And I will post any and all current info on Halo 2

P.S. Please use this as the main HALO 2 TOPIC forum so hundreds of 'halo' thread don't clog up the, erm 'wonderful' Xbox forum

Danke
Page:
Sun 15/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
Anonymous wrote:
> the Brute Shot ("shoots grenades that bounce around")

It fires slugs. :-S
Sun 15/08/04 at 12:50
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
The Mid-Ship map sounds awesome if it's like the level in the ship on Halo then I expect great things.

P.s. Agreed.
Sun 15/08/04 at 12:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Anonymous wrote:
> "Halo 2 will support four people on one Xbox for LIVE play. All
> at the same time."

That would be awesome. They said at E3 that they'd successfully recreated the Halo multiplayer experience, but on Live, and 4 players on one machine is the obvious focus for Live play as that's how most people play it at home. Ooooooooh baby!

P.S. If Anon is wrong, we get to stone him.
Sun 15/08/04 at 11:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hmm.. very nice. Covenant sniper rifles; excellent. Glad I've got a preorder now.
Sun 15/08/04 at 00:53
Regular
"Insert Gently"
With Halo 2 only 87 days away, gamers are ravenously devouring every scrap of information Bungie makes made public. However, they are even more interested in what Bungie is keeping secret. So when the alleged beta-test leak appeared on the Xbox forums, Master Chief wannabes went to condition red. It described three new multiplayer maps: "Zanzibar," the factory shown off at E3; "Mid-ship" which takes place inside a Covenant Battle cruiser; and "Ivory Tower," a greenhouse filled with elevators.

It also outlined the new weapons in the game, including: the new SMG ("this little baby packs a punch"); the Battle Rifle, which can be used to snipe from afar or up-close as an assault rifle; the Covenant beam rifle ("equivalent to the human Sniper Rifle"); the Brute Shot ("shoots grenades that bounce around"); the hard-to-find Covenant Carbine ("the best gun in the game"); and the Energy Sword ("don't mess with the best 'cause the best don't mess"). The leak also killed some rumors ("You CANNOT duel wield plasma swords…There IS NO DIFFERENCE aside from appearance between Spartans and elites in MP.")
But veteran Halo fans will be most excited by the following tidbit: "Halo 2 will support four people on one Xbox for LIVE play. All at the same time." But is the leak accurate? Given the fact Microsoft pulled the original from the Xbox.com forums, the answer is almost certainly "yes."

GS

Wouldn't let me post link
Thu 12/08/04 at 00:47
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Belldandy wrote:
> Daveus wrote:
> Nope. The only demo is the E3 one that you watch. I think it's the
> first level (full)
>
> Wrong, playable demo at Gamestars Live and possibly something
> happening with OXM around the 2nd September. In the US it's the 24th
> with something to do with OXM US on the 24th August.

I can't wait to see all the playable demo's pop up on eBay
Wed 11/08/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Daveus wrote:
> Nope. The only demo is the E3 one that you watch. I think it's the
> first level (full)

Wrong, playable demo at Gamestars Live and possibly something happening with OXM around the 2nd September. In the US it's the 24th with something to do with OXM US on the 24th August.
Wed 11/08/04 at 09:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Edit - wrong topic, for the ilovebees.com thingy, ah well.

Hmm.. I kept clicking the cartoon of the bee on the left and it kept loading a new page, each with different messages, here's one:

"SURPRISE!

Look up and smile, honey.

Bang!
Bang!
Bang!

Got the drop on you that time, sweetheart.

Opening shot of my search and destroy. I'm going to know everything about you. Where you live and what you buy, how you think and who you love. Know the enemy.

Young and out of uniform,"

Wierdo :-)
Wed 11/08/04 at 07:27
Regular
"BOSE"
Foszy wrote:
> Will there be any playable demos before release?

Nope. The only demo is the E3 one that you watch. I think it's the first level (full)
Wed 11/08/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Insert Gently"
To be honest i had forgot about the whole ilovebess site and the Halo 2 hype...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.