GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime....hmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
Well I decided to give it another go and at least complete it this time I love it, it's technically superb in every way and it's so addictive cos discovering new weapons, items, enemies and areas is awe inspiring.
But I can't help feel that it's a bit thin in the sense that there's nothing driving the game along!
Sat 10/07/04 at 22:02
Regular
Prime is awesome.

And it does have a good storyline if you bother to notice it.
Sat 10/07/04 at 21:29
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I played it for a while. Got to a room with somehting that shifts out of reality then stopped because I got an Xbox. To be honest though I think its weak. I will complete it sometime though.
Sat 10/07/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Cyclone wrote:
> It's a love hate game.
>
> And I love it.

And I hate it.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Cyclone wrote:
> It's a love hate game.
>
> And I love it.

Granted that most people are at the love end of the scale. I really like the game, not love or hate for me, I wouldn't say it was my favourite Cube title at all, but its certainly a great game.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:49
Regular
It also seems a tad easy at times the hardest boss so far I've had to fight was when played an hour ago against the Omega Pirate which was challenging until on my second try I managed to work out what it took to kill it hence I defeated it.
Yet I've managed to get 60% through the game, I've found the Plasma rifle and flamethrower and I'm looking forward to finding the artifacts and
fight Prime or whatever the last boss in the game is.
Very weird game but the way it's been which is SUPER by the way makes it enough to make me want to complete this game however if it had a stronger storyline this game would be near to perfect.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:41
Regular
It's only flaw was that when you weren't discovering a new area, it was kind of dull...

A third person mode would've made standard motion more interesting, meaning you could still have fun on old territory.
But hey. :-)
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's a love hate game.

And I love it.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:30
Regular
I've tried it three times now - I think if I get the second Metroid Prime game it'll be when that goes Players Choice - I just can't get into it at all
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
Well I decided to give it another go and at least complete it this time I love it, it's technically superb in every way and it's so addictive cos discovering new weapons, items, enemies and areas is awe inspiring.
But I can't help feel that it's a bit thin in the sense that there's nothing driving the game along!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.