GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime....hmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
Well I decided to give it another go and at least complete it this time I love it, it's technically superb in every way and it's so addictive cos discovering new weapons, items, enemies and areas is awe inspiring.
But I can't help feel that it's a bit thin in the sense that there's nothing driving the game along!
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:13
Regular
It's an adventure game so therefore does not use First Person control methods.
Sun 11/07/04 at 23:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Gar-J wrote:
> The controls were stupid. One of the cube's analogue sticks was
> completely ignored.. blah blah blah blah blah..

*Sighs*
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:42
Regular
The controls were stupid. One of the cube's analogue sticks was completely ignored and instead you have to use a shoulder button to look up. Couple this with the fact that it's impossible to move when you do this and you have a pretty lame guy that can't move while he's shooting.

Note to developers: THE ANALOGUE STICK IS THERE FOR YOU TO USE IT!!!
Sun 11/07/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Underbean"
well if pokemon were real they would eat mario
Sun 11/07/04 at 18:46
Regular
Metroid Prime's main problem is not via any fault of its own just the strange desire we sometimes get to no longer play it.

If we look at the biggest classic games from Nintendo, mainly Zelda, Mario, Pokemon... when you arrive home from uni/school or work you just play it. It's instinctive and you just really want to play it.

Thing is with Metroid Prime is that I go hell and leather through it... stop at some point and then go back to it 3 months later and play some more.

When I'm busy I stop playing it and then I forget why I enjoy it. I also forget what I'm doing and end up using solutions/cheats to get head and tail of things.

Prime 2 could do with stop re-spawning the enemies because 9/10 I'm wondering around trying to discover if there's anything else to do and I keep getting locked in mind numbing shooting battles.

It's times like them that the hint feature was one of the most welcome accessories.
Sun 11/07/04 at 15:18
Regular
It DOES play sublimely, but if you remember back, the controls were a little bit tricky to get used to at first, especially if you're used to FPS games.

As to the story, instead of being told, you sort of discover it through your own means. Much more of an adventure than an MGS/FF style playable movie, you know. :-)
Sun 11/07/04 at 09:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Cyclone wrote:
> It's a love hate game.

And I mildly dislike it.
Sun 11/07/04 at 02:02
Regular
Yep it plays sumblimely it has a story but it's not told brilliantly.
Sat 10/07/04 at 23:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Galacticdramon wrote:
> Need I say more?!

You can explain how you are so inept at games if you think it's infuriating. It plays sublimely.
Sat 10/07/04 at 22:04
Regular
"??????"
I just bought it today.

It is HARD.

FRUSTRATING.

INFURIATING.

Need I say more?!

Hopefully it will become less annoying as it goes on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.