GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime....hmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
Well I decided to give it another go and at least complete it this time I love it, it's technically superb in every way and it's so addictive cos discovering new weapons, items, enemies and areas is awe inspiring.
But I can't help feel that it's a bit thin in the sense that there's nothing driving the game along!
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:16
Regular
Haha, good one.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:14
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Love-hate? Nope. It's dull, but well executed. I don't like it enough to finish it. But I don't hate it.

There are very few games I start and fail to finish - in fact, on this basis I'd have to put Metroid Prime somewhere on a par with Ratchet & Clank.

I stopped at the Omega Pirate. I know what to do to damage him, shoot out his crystally bits - I just figured there would be one cycle for all the elements, however after doing this 4 times and still not beating him, I couldn't be bothered any more. I don't think there's going to be much more in the game I haven't seen already.

As for the ...story.. er, no thanks. Wow, the inscriptions talk about you as if you were there in the past, isn't it clever. Generally it just goes "ooh, creeping evil, we will help the hunter!" or "we have prepared a new counter-measure, the hunter won't get us this time!"
Thu 15/07/04 at 00:01
Regular
Strafio, please, for the love of the forums, let sleeping dogs lie.
Wed 14/07/04 at 23:20
Regular
I prefer it this way.

You sort of discover the story, rather than be told it, rather than be dragged through it.

As to the controls, the only stupid thing is how they put in third person (Zelda) controls and didn't allow you a third person view!
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Silent-Scope wrote:
> There is indeed a plot in the game but the story telling is so thin
> that it feels like your running around scanning stuff, shooting
> enemies, going from a to b, collecting hew items and
> weapons/upgrades
> and defeating bosses once in a while.
>
> But dear boy.. that's exactly what you are doing..

Yea I know.. i'm not moaning that it's a poor game it was good enough to be completed just a few little problems that need to be fixed to make it even better which will hopefully and probably happen with MP2:Echoes.
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:00
Regular
Ya the end bosses aren't that hard but you have to give it a few goes to work out their pattern.. although all the bosses were easy.
Wed 14/07/04 at 17:23
Regular
I love how the storyline is built up, makes for a wonderful atmosphere. But then again I love pretty much everything about Metroid Prime.

Don't see what's so hard about the last two bosses though, I beat both of them pretty easily.
Wed 14/07/04 at 17:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> There is indeed a plot in the game but the story telling is so thin
> that it feels like your running around scanning stuff, shooting
> enemies, going from a to b, collecting hew items and weapons/upgrades
> and defeating bosses once in a while.

But dear boy.. that's exactly what you are doing..
Wed 14/07/04 at 16:06
Regular
I've completed it unlocked hard mode but i can't be arsed to scan everything again and go back to areas with harder enemies it wasn't a fantastic ending either..
There is indeed a plot in the game but the story telling is so thin that it feels like your running around scanning stuff, shooting enemies, going from a to b, collecting hew items and weapons/upgrades and defeating bosses once in a while.
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:23
Regular
Yes!!! Beat Meta Ridley! I've tried beating Metroid Prime and i've managed to get to his second form then I died :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.