GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think Resident Evil 4 will suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.
Tue 13/07/04 at 19:56
Regular
I didn't find the Crimson's too scary; one blast with the shotgun and they're gone. Those dogs on the other hand... *shudders*

I never actually got far enough for a zombie to come crashing through a door onto me. Or at least it never happened for my time playing REmake.
Tue 13/07/04 at 19:54
Regular
Whatever I just don't like the idea of it turning into a brainless shoot-em-up. They can expand within the genre withot needing to re-write the game idea. Eternal Darkness was a unique twist and surely there are other possible twists on the genre imaginable.
Tue 13/07/04 at 14:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I admit Crimson heads are terrifying, when you first meet them.

But most of the time, the enemies aren't that scary.

The things I found most scary were the weird bug/human mutations at the very end of Resi 1. However, my beloved magnum made sweet love to their skulls.
Tue 13/07/04 at 08:33
Regular
I hope that I still get spooked on the same level though.

For example, the first part of Re-make where you encounter tarantulars I walked right past one without realising it. It then slowly hung down behind me and I watched it without even noticing what was happening. It wasn't until a few seconds later it suddenly clicked that I ought to shoot or run!
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:27
Regular
But what needs to be accepted is that they can't always make minor changes and make another game in the series.

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow were updated and expanded with new features in Gold, Silver and Crystal... those new features were removed... new ones added for Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald...

But these changes are minor, they are still the same game.

Code Veronica may of had a deeper storyline, there maybe partner zapping in Zero... but RE, RE2, RE3, RE CV and RE0 are all THE SAME GAME!

It's time we laid that genius to rest and awaited in anticipation a new style of survival horror.

If we want to re-live the genius then we can, because we all have Gamecube's.... with 5 of the greatest scare games ever made.
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:17
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It makes you want to slap the designers for scaring you, but at the same time kiss their feet for granting the experience.

As you said, genius.
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:15
Regular
One of the genius' behind the remake was when the designers removed the Dogs from the windows. When you go there you expect them to jump out and they don't... because you remember they did... but this time they don't.

So you relax in this area.

Only for them to go flying through the window a little later in the game... just when you thought they wouldn't.

Genius.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:18
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
There are so many moments like that in Resi which are purely compliment to the camera. Moments where you're just waiting for a zombie to lurch out of some nearby door or cupboard and grab on to you. And then, it turns out, there wasn't actually anything there, yet you are still trembling with fear.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:03
Regular
Yeah it's sooo tense in the train in Zero where your in the carriages and u cant even see to the other end so u move cautiously forward listening out for a groan or maybe even shoot at sumthin off the screen to make sure theres no zombies there.
Mon 12/07/04 at 19:01
Regular
Exactly - the cameras weren't positioned so as to annoy us gamers (atleast in the remakes anyway), they were positioned for added effect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.