GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think Resident Evil 4 will suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:00
Regular
Asher is right, those sorts of enemies only make you scared of dying and going back to your last save point and doing it all again.

A zombie leaping at you from no where makes you jump in your seat.

Just like the Flood in Halo are the least scary alien race ever, but a headcrab leaping onto your face out of a small gap in the ceiling in Half-Life makes me jump in my seat and spazz the mouse around.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think it looks brilliant, more action-packed than normal with all the zombie plagued anxiety you'd expect from a Resi game. And bare in mind, that was only one segment of the game, so you could expect a more atmospheric environment later on.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:55
Regular
Was Vamp scary in MGS2? No.

Was zombies jumping out of cupboards at you scary? Yeah.

Was Vamp a fast, energetic freak? Yeah.

Were the zombies slow and lurching? yeah.

But still the zombies were scarier.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'd say a village full of intelligent brain eaters with chainsaws, teamwork and an insane urge for blood is more scary than some rabid dogs and some slow and lurching zombies.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.