GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think Resident Evil 4 will suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'd say a village full of intelligent brain eaters with chainsaws, teamwork and an insane urge for blood is more scary than some rabid dogs and some slow and lurching zombies.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:55
Regular
Was Vamp scary in MGS2? No.

Was zombies jumping out of cupboards at you scary? Yeah.

Was Vamp a fast, energetic freak? Yeah.

Were the zombies slow and lurching? yeah.

But still the zombies were scarier.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think it looks brilliant, more action-packed than normal with all the zombie plagued anxiety you'd expect from a Resi game. And bare in mind, that was only one segment of the game, so you could expect a more atmospheric environment later on.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:00
Regular
Asher is right, those sorts of enemies only make you scared of dying and going back to your last save point and doing it all again.

A zombie leaping at you from no where makes you jump in your seat.

Just like the Flood in Halo are the least scary alien race ever, but a headcrab leaping onto your face out of a small gap in the ceiling in Half-Life makes me jump in my seat and spazz the mouse around.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:48
"period drama"
There are zombies, and hooded priests, and chainsaw-man, and giant ogre, and mysterious underwater beastie. It's just not all zombies, all the time.

They were never scary anyway. Villagers are less so, but that's beside the point. Zombies were rather mundane - lickers it where the brown ran.

And, beside re-makes, the Resi series had been pretty sucky of late anyway.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I myself thought the Special Ops in Half-Life were wuite scary. well not scary but the way they fought you where all you could here was them running around and they were so fast they would just flash onto the screen and run back off.
Mon 12/07/04 at 00:28
Regular
Zero wasn't scary, it was the lack of ammunition from the first one that made it so damn creepy, you knew you hadn't got enough slugs to plug holes in all the enemies so it was a real survial game. Zero you had enough bullets for everyone in the game and then some so you never really felt much danger.
Mon 12/07/04 at 00:30
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zombies were rather mundane - lickers it where the
> brown ran.

Screw lickers, Crimson heads in the remake are enough to make a grown man wee himself. First time I was attacked by one of those bad boys I nearly shat myself, had to stop playing for a few minutes to get up the courage to continue.
Mon 12/07/04 at 11:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zombies were rather mundane - lickers it where the
> brown ran.
>
> Screw lickers, Crimson heads in the remake are enough to make a grown
> man wee himself. First time I was attacked by one of those bad boys I
> nearly shat myself, had to stop playing for a few minutes to get up
> the courage to continue.

*Shudder* Yes, the Crimson Heads. I think they're the reason why I've only played through the Resi remake only the one time. I hated the way you had to burn their bodies to be rid of them; you'd see one, cack yourself, shoot it and knock it down, but then have to back-track a mile to get the equipment needed to burn the bloody thing.

Why can't the Resident Evil characters find and wear backpacks I ask ya?

But on the topic of Resi 4, it does look a very different experience from what has gone before, with a strange unnerving atmosphere because, unlike the zombie-filled horror titles from days gone by, you don't really know what to expect from these weird villagers and their creepy village. I still feel the over-the-shoulder character view looks a bit odd awkward and restrictive, but I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.