GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST NEW GAME - Please vote!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
This is quite simple, I have decided to post a poll about the Best New Game that today's consoles have to offer. They can be from Dreamcast, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy SP, XBOX, N64 or PC.

Just post your five favourite games of today. (In order) e.g.

1. Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
2. Halo (XBOX)
3. GTA: Vice City (PS2)
4. Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Game Boy Advance)

The game in Position 1 gets five points, the game in Position 2 gets four points, Position 3 gets three points, Position 4 gets two points and Position 5 gets one point.

I will count up the points in two/three weeks and the one with the most points shall be named 'SR Best New Game'!

So, get going!
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
fair enough.
Wed 21/07/04 at 15:21
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Well, they were my choices, i'm not slating yours am i wakka?
Wed 21/07/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Ashman wrote:
> Why is it that I doubt that you have ever played those games, Wakka?

I have played all but Legends of Wrestling and Destruction Derby. I made that statement because I think that there are many better games out than those ones. Fair enough, I shouldn't have said absolute bo1locks as everyone is entitled to their own opinion but come on, Legends of Wrestling?
Wed 21/07/04 at 00:04
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Wakka wrote:
> Absolute B0110ck$.

You what now?
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:46
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Why is it that I doubt that you have ever played those games, Wakka?
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Absolute B0110ck$.
Tue 20/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
My List :

1. Destruction Derby (PS1)
2. LMA Manager (PS1)
3. GTA Vice City (PS2)
4. Championship Manager 2001/2002 (PC)
5. Legends of Wrestling II (Gamecube)

There you are. My Justifications :

1. Destruction Derby, when i first got it, was one of the most advanced game i had seen at the time, and i loved it to bits, the addictivness grabbed me too. As years passed, technology improved, new DD games hit my shelf, but i still found the original the most enjoyable. That feeling still is with me to this day. If they were to make an exact remake of this game for the PS2, just improving graphics etc. Then that would make my day.

2. LMA Manager, to be fair, i found this game challenging and enjoyable, and the reason that it is the PS1 version, well, i haven't played more upto date versions, so this is here to stand up for its successors. This game was put down for not being good as you were unable to play the matches yourself, but that was because it was all about managing, and one of the first to really look like a playable game, but not be, so the critics were not sure, but i was, this management game was to be the best one i have playedChampionship manager comes close, but not close enough, i thought this was a greatly made game, with many well thought out challenges.

3. GTA Vice City, obvious decision, bound to be in many peoples choices, but doesnt that say something, if its everyones list, then it has to be a good game, and appealing to every brand of gamer. Obviously soon this will be out of everyones memories and filling up second hand stores shelves as the San Andreas will be here soon, but for now, this is the greatest series Rockstar have produced, they couldnt of hit the mark more spot on than they have, the early versions were good but no-one could of predicted them to evolve to the high standards. Even Driver, which i believe started around the same time as the GTA series, have not been able to keep up with the ever expanding gameplay of GTA. San Andreas is set to be the best game to ever be made, so all is looking dandy for Rockstar at the moment, but more is to come......i hope

4. Championship Manager 2001/2002, Ok, ok, another qite oldy now, but again this is standing for its successors as well, but my first time i played a CM game was the 99/00 version, it didnt look to good watching my brother play it, but when i got my grimy paws on the mouse, i was away and i found the game to be much more thrilling than i had expected, all the twists and turns you have during a season, the agony and joy you get from challenging for the title, totally enthralling to play. As we should all know by now, the co-makers SI Games have been kicked of the job by Eidos, so now CM fans have a decision to make, do they follow the people who essentially made the whole game, but have to make it under a new name, all choose the people that have been sidelined have have just watched SI make the game?? I know which way i'm gonna turn, and that is to follow SI Games and there new series of Football Manager as they were the ones who invented CM and made it as good as it is now, Eidos has only sat and watched them make it, but do they have the skill to do it themselves??

5. Legends of Wrestling II, yeah, ok, not what everone would choose, especially as i got it as a free gift for getting platinum membership for SR, but i find this game quite enjoyable, battling through America, when conquering that, moving on to the world, all with charachters such as 'Big Daddy' Shirley Crabtree all the way to Hulk Hogan. This, although not being a popular choice for many (probably all), was quite a change from the normal Smackdown career mades, just battling through years and years of tripe, but LoWII shows your popularity with fans, toughness increases and most of all you can see yourself moving up the ranks after every battle, this make you realise that every fight counts and theres something to play for, that higher position
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:33
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Wakka wrote:
> Ashman wrote:

> Why PS1 but no N64?
>
> N64 is in.

Surely you dont need to name every console, just put 'etc.'
Mon 19/07/04 at 20:52
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
mario sunshine was cack
Mon 19/07/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Ashman wrote:
> Nice to see you ripping my ideas(ish).
>
> ;^)

????

> Why PS1 but no N64?

N64 is in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.