GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST NEW GAME - Please vote!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
This is quite simple, I have decided to post a poll about the Best New Game that today's consoles have to offer. They can be from Dreamcast, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy SP, XBOX, N64 or PC.

Just post your five favourite games of today. (In order) e.g.

1. Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
2. Halo (XBOX)
3. GTA: Vice City (PS2)
4. Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Game Boy Advance)

The game in Position 1 gets five points, the game in Position 2 gets four points, Position 3 gets three points, Position 4 gets two points and Position 5 gets one point.

I will count up the points in two/three weeks and the one with the most points shall be named 'SR Best New Game'!

So, get going!
Sun 01/08/04 at 12:44
Regular
Wakka wrote:
> This is quite simple, I have decided to post a poll about the Best New
> Game that today's consoles have to offer. They can be from Dreamcast,
> PS2, PS1, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy SP, XBOX, N64 or PC.

You missed out SNES, NES, MegaDrive, Game Gear, ZX Spectrum, Atari, Amiga, Commodore, Coleco Vision, Intellivision, etc, etc.
Sat 31/07/04 at 17:11
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
Wakka wrote:

> OK OK. I made a mistake. You don't all have to jump on the 'I hate
> Wakka' bandwagon.

Yeah, calm down, my horses cant hold all this wait, it makes driving a lot harder

:D
Tue 27/07/04 at 12:14
"Was UW."
Thanks.
Tue 27/07/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Yeah, someone else who likes Manhunt!
Mon 26/07/04 at 14:36
"Was UW."
1. Onimusha 3 (PS2)
2. Manhunt (PS2/PC)
3. Soul Calibur II (PS2)
4. Halo (X-BOX)
5. Pikmin (Gamecube)
Sat 24/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Hehe.

;)
Sat 24/07/04 at 14:57
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Smashamof wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
>
>
> Just post your five favourite games of today. (In order) e.g.
>
>
> That is what Logic did, so you can't say they're 'B0110ck$'. Just
> because they are his favourite games of that day doesn't mean they
> will be tomorrow.
>
> :S

OK OK. I made a mistake. You don't all have to jump on the 'I hate Wakka' bandwagon.
Fri 23/07/04 at 20:26
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Exactly, and the fact that he explained in detail why he enjoys each one, and he's entitled to do that without getting retarded abuse from some halfwit.

In my opinion I don't know where the hell you conjure Manhunt up as your number one.

Here's mine:

1. Goldeneye (N64): Awesome. Truly awesome. I cannot even imagine the hours I have spent playing this title, but this is the best movie remake, if not the best game, ever made. The benchmark of ingredients of any first person shooter, or indeed movie based title.

2. Zelda OOT (N64): Again, words cannot describe how great this title is. For its time, nothing came even close in moving and mesmerising you with its host of impressive features and undeniable quality. This is Nintendo.

3. Champ Man 4 (PC): The revolution in the series. If you're a footy fan its hard to dislike this managing experience, undoubtedly the best on offer anywhere. The hours racked up on this is staggering

4. Transport Tycoon (PC): Surprise for you perhaps, but so easy to play, yet deep with realism and transport goals, this is a rich game way ahead of its time.

5. Mario 64 (N64): The 3D platforming revolution. This is the first breed of 3D genius, when it comes to platforming at least, and offers all the lifespan, thrills and spills of a Mario title. I love it so.

Near Misses: Jet Force Gemini (N64), Perfect Dark (N64), Wario Ware (GBA), Advance Wars 2 (GBA), Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Mario Sunshine (GC), Halo (Xbox), Death Rally (PC), GTA: Vice City (PS2)

All close.
Fri 23/07/04 at 19:56
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Wakka wrote:

>
> Just post your five favourite games of today. (In order) e.g.
>

That is what Logic did, so you can't say they're 'B0110ck$'. Just because they are his favourite games of that day doesn't mean they will be tomorrow.

:S
Fri 23/07/04 at 18:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I weep, purely because the three games you claim to have played are all good, and the two you regard as "bo11ocks" you haven't played.

Then again, I don't expect anything more from you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.