GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best PS2 Games Ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 04:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Think of Desert Island Discs. Consider this desert island to have a nice TV and a PS2. Perhaps a pair of controllers. Maybe even a multitap and some people willing to play. And you're going to be dumped there. But you can take games. One from each category.

But what are the best games?

I don't know. Maybe you do, we all have our opinions. Just 'vote' if you will. But the voting is nominating and vice-versa. Like a notable contest with games rather than people...

Three votes, any games. Doesn't matter if they're all RPG's, or all FPS's... Whatever.

A sort of 'Best of the Best', if you will. Basically just to see what games are really worth buying and playing.

Well, I'll kick it off.

1. Dynasty Warriors 3
2. THUG
3. Disgaea

Gotta love DW3...
Sat 24/07/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Disgaea - Could just keep playing that for ages
La Pucelle - As above
MVP Baseball 2004 - 120 year dynasty with each season having 162 games (at least) to play. Mega lifespan
Sat 24/07/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
REALITY -

1. Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack - Two great games in one box. It takes about one month to fully complete each one.

2. Final Fantasy X2 - Unlike so many others, I loved this game 100%. Is very addictive and plain and simply, I love RPGs.

3. THUG - In my opinion, the best extreme sports game ever. It would keep me hooked for ages and you can't beat a 4-way Graffiti match in THUG.

DREAM -

1. Shining Force: PS2 Version - My favourite game ever, originally released on Sega MegaDrive. It is absolutely brilliant and it would take me about a year to fully finish. If it was remade for PS2, it would be a dream come true. So much better than FFX2.

2. Phantasy Star: PS2 Version - Another classic, again for the Sega MegaDrive. Great characters, wonderful enemies, massive worlds and superb weapons are the ingredients to make a succesful RPG. And Phantasy Star combines all of those elements to make a truly magical game.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time - The best game that the Nintendo 64 has to offer. This is without doubt, one of my favourite RPGs ever. Genius, amazing from every perspective and you can ride a horse! ;-) Overall, a great game that would surely make my top three.

So there are my choices. Any questions or opinions would be most welcome.

Wakka.
Sat 24/07/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
6 replies?? This thread is much better than that.
Sat 24/07/04 at 09:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
123 wrote:
> 2.GT 3 a-spec

I can't race to save my life.

I'm great at arcade racing, heck, I was king at Ridge Racer, but GT just escapes me...
Sat 24/07/04 at 08:48
Regular
"shorty"
it has to be: 1.vice city
2.GT 3 a-spec
3.spiderman 2, ( its a top quality game, honest)
Thu 22/07/04 at 11:01
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Final Fantasy XI - months to years of gameplay in one game. I could stop there.

But I would also take Guitar Freaks/Drummania for light hearted arcade fun when the RPG dread of levelling down for the 3rd time in a row gets too much.

And Ace Combat 4.
Thu 22/07/04 at 07:52
Regular
Ooh, I'd want to pass the time, have fun and escape from reality...

No order:

1. Disgaea
2. GTA Double Pack
3. FFX
Thu 22/07/04 at 04:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Think of Desert Island Discs. Consider this desert island to have a nice TV and a PS2. Perhaps a pair of controllers. Maybe even a multitap and some people willing to play. And you're going to be dumped there. But you can take games. One from each category.

But what are the best games?

I don't know. Maybe you do, we all have our opinions. Just 'vote' if you will. But the voting is nominating and vice-versa. Like a notable contest with games rather than people...

Three votes, any games. Doesn't matter if they're all RPG's, or all FPS's... Whatever.

A sort of 'Best of the Best', if you will. Basically just to see what games are really worth buying and playing.

Well, I'll kick it off.

1. Dynasty Warriors 3
2. THUG
3. Disgaea

Gotta love DW3...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.