GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Manhunt*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:49
Regular
"BOSE"
Just heard on the radio, then on tv when came home, "Manhunt" (game yeah)...they're trying to bann it because some kid who has incredibly stupid parents who bought it for them or needs serious help. Either way they need help. Wasn't sure about it when it was released, but just watched some gameplay footage of it and it looks great. So just bought me a copy. After watching the clip, i can't believe parents would let their kid have this game
Fri 30/07/04 at 13:39
Regular
Yes, Zelda is for kids, yet my younger brother kept getting constantly stuck.

Yes, for kids indeed.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
I dont think he was referring to its difficulty. He seemed to be making the point that zelda doesn't go around smashing peoples heads in with baseball bats or whatever. Anygame can be hard. Doesn't have to be gory or be rated 18. DUrr
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:10
Regular
Well if it's hard it obviously isn't childish then, is it? Unless you're talking about content, which makes absolutely no difference to whether or not it should be deemed as an adult title.

Meh.
Sat 31/07/04 at 00:09
Regular
"BOSE"
My nephew was wathing some karatte, kung fu thing on cartoon network. The moment the dude got mystical on the bad guys, my nephew kicked me, lol! it's not just blood violence that influences people! that woman gonna etempt to bann violent cartoons now? Cos there no way she gonna be able to bann Manhunt.
Sat 31/07/04 at 13:21
"Its Your Pleasure"
Video Games dont kill people. Psychotic kids with Hammers do.

people should stop trying to blame something for there childs short comings.
Sat 31/07/04 at 13:24
Regular
I'd also put a large amount of blame on the parents too. Surely they would have noiced their kid was mentally unstable and violent if they were good parents? It sounds like thier 17 year old kid was a drug dealer for croists sakes, how they can even think about shifting the blame to a computer game is beyond me.

Oh and the other kid, surely parents should notice there was something not right with their kid if he was doing drugs?

I blame the parents of both family's for doing a crap job. You can always tell they're crap parents if the first thing they do is try and shift the blame to something stupid.
Sat 31/07/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and the other kid, surely parents should notice there was
> something not right with their kid if he was doing drugs?

Are you talking about the 14 year old that got killed here? If so he wasn't taking drugs or anything, he was just an innocent victim.

> I blame the parents of both family's for doing a crap job. You can
> always tell they're crap parents if the first thing they do is try
> and shift the blame to something stupid.

But surely you can see the link between the klling and Manhunt? Wouldn't you be very angry as well? I think the victims mother has every right to criticise Manhunt because it obviously did have some influence in this case.
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Unretired"
How come manhunt gets all the blame for CORRUPTING THE MINDS OF YOUTH.
Has no-one played Postal 2? You can shove a cat on the end of a shotgun, shoot a priest then urinate on his dead body.
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:21
Regular
"BOSE"
lol! Sounds like fun. They showed some violent games on BBC; GTA, Max Payne, and course Manhunt. Funny how that didn't mention Postal 2
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:40

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.