GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Manhunt*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Manhunt'.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:49
Regular
"BOSE"
Just heard on the radio, then on tv when came home, "Manhunt" (game yeah)...they're trying to bann it because some kid who has incredibly stupid parents who bought it for them or needs serious help. Either way they need help. Wasn't sure about it when it was released, but just watched some gameplay footage of it and it looks great. So just bought me a copy. After watching the clip, i can't believe parents would let their kid have this game
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:48
Regular
Hopefully they'll ban it and make room for decent stuff on the shelves.
Thu 29/07/04 at 22:08
Regular
Aoe wrote:

>
> Let me ask you a quesiton. Have you ever typed out a message, read
> it, then thought "Pfft, that looks interesting, i
> won't post it"?

No, usually if i read it and its interesting i send it, ideot.
Thu 29/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
*sigh*

Aoe wrote:
> Edit: To Strid.
Thu 29/07/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Whîrlp¤¤l wrote:
>ideot.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

*takes breath*

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

*slips into coma*
Thu 29/07/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Normally I would defend a game that has been blamed for a violent act, but there's clearly a link between the killing and Manhunt. You just have to look at the way the young lad was killed to make the connection.

Of course, the killer was underage and most certainly mentally deranged, maybe his parents should have thought twice about buying him a game with that sort of content, but nontheless he's obviously gotten his hands on it and it has influenced him to do this.

If banning Manhunt could possibly prevent another 'copycat' killing then by all means it should be banned, but to be perfectly honest, if someone is that psychotic, they will just find something else to influence them, it's in their nature. While Manhunt is not entirely to blame, it certainly did play a part.
Fri 30/07/04 at 09:40
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
However not to sound too psychopathic myself, i don't think you really need a computer game to tell you how to kill somebody! Rockstar is again the scapegoat for lack of morals put there by his parents, we are turning into America people, come on grow up!
Fri 30/07/04 at 10:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
No one asks the question why was the 17 year old playing an 18 rated game? As it is a BBFC rated game it is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy the game, so how did he get it?
Fri 30/07/04 at 12:25
Regular
"BOSE"
That's a very good point. Either one of his parents, an older friend etc. They're trying to blame the people who made the game and the Board Of Film Classification for allowing it to be produced, but these games have a rating for a reason, just like films.
Fri 30/07/04 at 13:08
Regular
No games should be baned ! x-box is for older gamers like me (41 yrs)
I do not want to play "kiddie games"? like zelda or pokemon
but have to say that Manhunt was rubbish!!.
Fri 30/07/04 at 13:10
Regular
You're 41 and have childish opinions like that?

I feel sorry for you and any offspring you might have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.